Windows 10 uninstall?

Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

So I installed the windows 10 technical preview on a separate disk in my rig, tried it out and played around a little bit. I wasn't planning on using it but I just wanted to check it out and see it for myself. After an afternoon of using I got somewhat bored and switched back to Windows 7. I thought 'well, I won't need that drive anymore' so I formatted it and unplugged it from my rig. But now every time I boot I get a screen in which I can choose what OS to boot on. Of course the Windows 10 doesn't work, because it isn't there anymore. Of course this screen appearing on every boot isn't the end of the world, but after a while it gets very annoying. So does anyone know how I get rid of it? I'm guessing it has something to do with the boot sector, but honestly I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Go to System Configuration (MSCONFIG) and navigate to the 'boot' tab. You should now see two Windows OS's there (like you said Windows 7 and Windows 10). Select the Windows 10 and click the Delete button and thats it! :)

So I installed the windows 10 technical preview on a separate disk in my rig, tried it out and played around a little bit. I wasn't planning on using it but I just wanted to check it out and see it for myself. After an afternoon of using I got somewhat bored and switched back to Windows 7. I thought 'well, I won't need that drive anymore' so I formatted it and unplugged it from my rig. But now every time I boot I get a screen in which I can choose what OS to boot on. Of course the Windows 10 doesn't work, because it isn't there anymore. Of course this screen appearing on every boot isn't the end of the world, but after a while it gets very annoying. So does anyone know how I get rid of it? I'm guessing it has something to do with the boot sector, but honestly I have no idea what I'm talking about.

You should be able to go into control pannel of your main os and disable being able to chose other operating systems, should be under control panel. pm me an ill try to help im at school currently so ill guide you through it once im home

cheers

Go to System Configuration (MSCONFIG) and navigate to the 'boot' tab. You should now see two Windows OS's there (like you said Windows 7 and Windows 10). Select the Windows 10 and click the Delete button and thats it! :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I did not know this could be done through the OS, thank you! After some research I figured it out and it works now!

You guys are so damn awesome!