Carpal Tunnel

fallingpizza11

Hey guys I recently found out I have carpal tunnel and it's REALLY annoying. I've been stretching my wrist constantly and trying to minimize the use of my computer for the past 4 or 5 days. Is there anyone else out there that has carpal tunnel that has any advice for me? This would be a lot of help, Thanks.

FX-6300 @ 4.1 MHz; Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo; XFX Radeon 7870 Core Edition; Arock 970 Extreme 3; Corsair CX600; Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 @1600MHz; Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Zalman Z9 Case

Asus U43F-BBA7; i5-460M @ 2.53GHz; Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) @1333MHz; Intel 520 120GB SSD

How is your wrist placed, you want your forearm to not angle upwards but to be resting on the table you are on. This method has helped a lot of people i know. Your arm should level with the table until your elbow, then you can go upwards.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If it is actually carpal tunnel (not saying it isn't but there are many conditions with similar symptoms) then the only real treatment is surgery, this releases pressure on the nerves that cause the symptoms.

Here's a pic:

800px-Untreated_Carpal_Tunnel_Syndrome.J

My mum had to have surgery for hers. She was a secretary for years and all the typing on old school typewriters was the culprit.

After the surgery she has been great.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

How is your wrist placed, you want your forearm to not angle upwards but to be resting on the table you are on. This method has helped a lot of people i know. Your arm should level with the table until your elbow, then you can go upwards.

Thanks for the tip. I have a mouse pad with a wrist rest that I just pulled out and my wrist feels better already. I raised my chair up to make my arm level with the table. Thanks again :)

FX-6300 @ 4.1 MHz; Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo; XFX Radeon 7870 Core Edition; Arock 970 Extreme 3; Corsair CX600; Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 @1600MHz; Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Zalman Z9 Case

Asus U43F-BBA7; i5-460M @ 2.53GHz; Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) @1333MHz; Intel 520 120GB SSD