Low wattage test

Tweakforce_LG

Ok so my psu blew and the only other psu i can borrow is a 400w. I dont know if thats peak or continuous but the one that died was a 500w peak 400w continuous. Its old core 2 duo hardware and no onboard graphics so i had a hd 5670. With all the stuff in pc part picker said i would be consuming 215w but eXtream psu calculator said 370w to 406w depening on capacitor age. Is it safe to use this psu to test the pc will boot before i waist money on a new one when the pc is actually dead. Thanks, its the only psu i have got to test with and removing the gpu would not be a good move as theres no onboard (its a 65w descrete gpu)

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

check the 12v amperage

it will tell you how much wattage it can give

usually OEM PSU shows the total wattage combined with the other voltages

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

On the back it has a lable stating 400w. I will check. I need at least 18amps 0n v12 rail. Its acctually complicated becuse the psu was playing up and when it cut it went like there was a short or something, with this in mind, when i test the mobo with the other psu, what should i do to try and prevent it from shorting, maby rase the mobo screews half a turn. Again i dont know witch is to blame. Eather it quit nicly or a short cut it out. Advoce on this matter would be very approciated

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

shorting may be hard to check

but make sure all your power cables are inserted or no bare cables

also shake the PSU and hear anything loose (which should not be)

the mobo standoffs should be tall enough for the mobo not to touch the casing

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Thank you. I will test the mobo without hdd and dvd drive or gpu. If an error beep for the gpu occors i shall plug in the gpu and attempt to reset the bios as the pc was 20% oc'd for 6 months and stable. I do hope nothing els got cooked lol. Do you think i might possibly overload the 400w psu with all stuff connected in bios. And if not will it handle a simple windows startup to see if its all working. Your knowledge is great thanks so much

And specs are.

Asus p5kl-c/1600 atx mobo

Radeon 5670 1gb gddr5 with HIS cooler

4gb corsair xms2 ddr2

500gb WD hdd

Dvd rw drive

Hunteky 6500ldp (pice of crap)

Core 2 duo e8400 wolfdale

Oc from 3.0 to 3.6 stock Vcore