Anyone still rocking Windows XP?

Gala

Lots of small business here still use XP. Not to mention libraries and schools.

This is a signature.

I can tell why you use XP.

It's very low on resources, and runs great on low HW systems. 

If you ever buy a new PC, you will not use XP, i wouldn't think.

Vista can run great on such a low-end PC, but it does require some slimming down, proper maintenance and an SSD.

My netbook (Packard Bell ZG5 with Atom N270 1.6GHz, Intel 945GM graphics chip, 1.5GB DDR2-533) was pretty zippy on Vista even by today's standards.

I'm even considering putting it in dualboot again instead of the Win7 it's currently running because it was better on smaller screens (screen is 600 pixels high, the Win7 UI prefers 768)

I have a 2004 HP made of what appears to be steel and diamonds that still runs with XP on it :)

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

My dad's old computer with a Q6700 is still running XP (although the computer hasn't been used in like three years)....so that kind of counts. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Windows 7 always takes a shit when i multitask like this.

There must be something very wrong with your Windows 7 PC, your example there isn't even multitasking compared to most people I know.

Windows XP was a good OS, there isn't any denying that. The key point here is the word "was", it simply isn't a good option anymore. Exceptions are one thing such as software and drivers that don't run on newer versions of Windows, but XP isn't supported anymore (and for a business using XP for daily driver machines is plain irresponible).

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

For many systems yes (not for online use though now) great for 00" style gaming rigs :P

This is why...

l6L8gHX.jpg

IpS6Z9w.jpg

nI2fBNz.jpg

yxYYXek.jpg

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City