Which Power Supply?

DerpBlood

I need to choose between a :

Corsair CX Series CX750M 750W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply

or

Corsair CS650M CS Modular 80 Plus GOLD-RATE 650W 12V Power Supply

They are both the same price but I'm not sure if I should go for the extra 100W or the 80 plus Gold.

My build is gonna have a i5 4690 and a gtx 970 and more but I think you only need to know the Cpu and Gpu.  PC Part Picker says my complete build is only gonna use about 338W.

Neither, get a 500 watt. Why go overkill?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I wouldn't go with any Corsair power supplies...

why not?

Neither, get a 500 watt. Why go overkill?

I want to be able to upgrade in the future

Yes an i5-4690k and GTX 970 will be fine at 500 watts

I wouldn't go with any Corsair power supplies...

Why? They are fine power supplies. Please don't spread false information.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Yes an i5-4690k and GTX 970 will be fine at 500 watts

I've had one die on me, know people who have had them die on them and many users here do not support corsair power supplies.

EVGA or Super flower PSUs are the way to go or just buy a regular seasonic PSU.

blackshades on

why not?

They're all overpriced, and their lower ones are "meh" in quality. It's not false information, it's the truth. You're paying for branding.

My build is gonna have a i5 4690 and a gtx 970 and more but I think you only need to know the Cpu and Gpu.  PC Part Picker says my complete build is only gonna use about 338W.

If you're sticking with a single GTX 970 go for the EVGA 550/650GS (much more solid then the CX/CX, based on Seasonic G platform). If you're looking to add a second 970 for SLI in the future (keep in mind you need a Z97 board for this) go for the EVGA 750B2 (Super Flower Golden Green, still noticeably better then the CX/CS).

"Rawr XD"

I've had one die on me, know people who have had them die on them and many users here do not support corsair power supplies.

EVGA or Super flower PSUs are the way to go or just buy a regular seasonic PSU.

They aren't all the same. different internals and OEM's, even within single product lines. 

Also, many Corsair units are just Seasonic's in new cases.

As for the OP, I'm not actually sure which is the better unit of those two, but I would recommend looking at higher end units. Less chance of regret.

Seasonic G Series and EVGA GS or B2 are really good choices.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

They aren't all the same. different internals and OEM's, even within single product lines. 

Corsair mainly use CWT these days. Seasonic hardly make any current Corsair units.

Corsair mainly use CWT these days. Seasonic hardly make any current Corsair units.

Yes, I believe the only ones now are AX760 and 860, i.e. non-i AX series

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Yes, I believe the only ones now are AX760 and 860, i.e. non-i AX series

Yep the only current Seasonic Corsairs are the (hideously overpriced) AX non-i. The AXi are Flextronics and the rest are CWT.

"Rawr XD"

Yep the only current Seasonic Corsairs are the (hideously overpriced) AX non-i. The AXi are Flextronics and the rest are CWT.

Nah m8, corsair is best value. Quality

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

k m9

U wot m8. Wanna fite

Can you guys help me find one that is 600 or more watts for $115 Canada Dollars, Thanks.