ARMA cold war to 3, which has the largest ****

noisebomb44

So ive always been interested in map sizes, i mean who isnt. so after regaining interest in finding out map sizes of all the arma maps, i found a really interesting picture, which collected ALL of the map sizes of all the maps in EVERY arma game, and since im interested in the the numbers, i made a slight change in the picture, so that we now can prove which arma game is the best (kind of)

ARMA%2Bstates.png

so, the rankings are like this

1. Arma 2 : 422KM2

2. Arma 3 : 290KM2

3. Operation flashpoint / Arma cold war assault : 238KM2

4. Arma 1 : 99KM2 (shame on you)

as you can see, arma 2 has almost 50% more terrain than Arma 3, although the thing that makes arma 3 the largest game out of them all, is that for one its (almost) all collected on ONE map, which means that you no longer have to switch maps in order to see some other things like desert, but also because arma 3 has a mod that ports (almost) all the older maps into arma 3, which just makes arma 3 the ultimate game if you want to wander around or something.

Do you want more comparisons, here are some, lets see if arma 3 with its mod can beat any world records

Daggerfall (1996 release and still takes the cake)

161 600 KM2

Guild Wars Nightfall

38 850 KM2

Fuel

14 400 KM2

Test drive unlimited

1,600 MK2

Arma 3, with all maps from all games (although im not quite sure if there is a mod for OF maps, but ill count with them anyway)

1049 KM2

Just cause 2

1,036 KM2

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

350 KM2

WOW (the game)

207 KM2

GTA 5 (YES you read it, skyrim is acually smaller than GTA 5 (if you do not count the dungeons))

126 KM2

Skyrim (shame on you)

52 KM2

so if you combine ALL of the arma maps, you get the just cause 2 map

Although if you also add the speed in which you travel through the map, then arma 3, would probably be higher up there

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

yea the just cause map is technically massive but you walk at like 100 km/h

:P

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

It's worth noting that Daggerfall is mostly just randomly generated areas. Most areas are nothing more than 95% empty space.

The towns are also randomly generated, which makes it a hell to find people, quests and shops, although a somewhat entertaining.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

You're forgetting Take On Helicopters.

It's part of the official real virtuality terrain and in a way the Arma series in that you can import those maps/assets.

Seattle map is 60x60 KM, and south asia, while mostly barren is 120x120 KM.

Although if you're searching for large terrain maps/games check out outerra/anteworld 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Didn't know GW was that big.i wonder how GW2 compares

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

It's worth noting that Daggerfall is mostly just randomly generated areas. Most areas are nothing more than 95% empty space.

The towns are also randomly generated, which makes it a hell to find people, quests and shops, although a somewhat entertaining.

yeah, its those randomly generated cities that makes it a hell to play it, but i still like it somehow

although i REALLY hated the randomly generated dungeons, those where the worse

i still think that bethesda should have randomly generated skyrim, i mean look at those numbers, daggerfall is 3108 times larger than skyrim, i would rather have a ultra large wierd buggy world, than a really small thought out world

You're forgetting Take On Helicopters.

It's part of the official real virtuality terrain and in a way the Arma series in that you can import those maps/assets.

Seattle map is 60x60 KM, and south asia, while mostly barren is 120x120 KM.

Although if you're searching for large terrain maps/games check out outerra/anteworld 

ive always thought outera was on some sort of magical witchcraft or something, i mean how can you even do that, its like space engine, i just cant belive it

although if we are counting ALL bohemia, we might as well count their new feature in VBS 3.0

(i am dying for a VBS 3.0 public release)

https://youtu.be/D_CFseNTxh0?t=13m22s

although one day i might buy outera, ive tried the demo and got amazed

Didn't know GW was that big.i wonder how GW2 compares

i think GW2 has many small maps, so i dont know how im going to get the numbers on it