ASUS G751 vs GT72 2QE Dominator Pro

Khemist92

Hey forum! I need your advice on two gaming notebooks. The two notebooks are the ASUS G751JY-T7015D and the MSI GT72 2QE-632XHU Dominator Pro. I'm gonna ditch my desktop pc and switch it up with a gaming laptop. 

The two devices have more or less the same specs. Same processor, same graphics card with the same ammount of ram, same screen size and panel type, same ammount of DDR3 ram, The only noticable difference is that the MSI has a 128 GB SSD in it, which does NOT justify the price difference of $500. The ASUS is around $1600 and the MSI is rougly $2100.

Why would the MSI cost so much more than the Asus?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,

Khemist

Edit: Also, does anyone have some experience using one another for an extended period of time? How's the performance after half a year - year?

Proud music enthusiast and gamer

"Slide into the water. Become one with the sea. Life seems so much smaller. Swim to the moon." - BTBAM

Build quality and resources used to make the laptop might have an effect in the price, also, some slight features in them might have a play in it. EXAMPLE: the CPU/GPU fan and heatsink quality, the bezel or screen quality or size, the type of track pad and clicks, or teh he layout and upgradability. They all have a factor... It might also be just over priced

Definition of programmer: someone who can consume copious amounts of caffeine; and crap out a master piece through their fingers

Hmm I would have assumed that the Asus was the better built one. Not the other way around. Hmmm interesting. Thanks for the reply!

"Slide into the water. Become one with the sea. Life seems so much smaller. Swim to the moon." - BTBAM

The MSI has better build quality this time, I believe.

Also, MSI are just overpriced this time. The GT72 and GT80, while the best machines in their class (that use HQ processors), cost more than they're worth. Other machines like the P37xSM-A are by default better because of the CPU control and 120Hz internal screen support, or the P7xxZM for having single GPU + desktop CPUs.

The HQ chips are worthless for high performance, and I'm kind of sad MSI chose the HQ chip route for those machines that otherwise would be quite beastly and might even have taken top spot this time around.

If you want to know which is better between the two, the GT72 gets my vote. If you want to know what's the best single GPU 17" right now? The Clevo P770ZM takes the win by three and a half miles.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Woha the Clevo P377SM-A looks beastly and got extremely nice specs compared to its $2k price point. Ah I'm so sad that this brand is not avalible where I live. Also I'm saddened that by watching the reviews online we only get the "dumped down" versions of these machines for an increased price. Bah. Wish I could order from the US without much hassle, hehe :)

Thanks for the answers! I'll try to dig something up about Clevo laptops here in Hungary, but I highly doubt I would find anything since these are custom build ones from what I've seen.

Cheers,
Khemist