Headphone suggestion

jayctech

Cable on my current on the go/mobile headset broke so I'm considering getting a new one (I'll just get a new cable if I can't find anything).

My preference is over/around-ear and definitely no on-ear.

Regarding the possibility of buds, my ear canal is weird so I can't do the in-ear kind so it'd have to be the kind you get with most phones where it just hangs there.

Going back to headphones, definitely needs to be light with minimal clamping, good breathability.

An inline controller that's fully Android compatible (no.1 reason I'm considering the getting a new set rather than the cable) with play/pause and volume controls.

Budget - £150, max £170.

My current pair is the Bose AE2 if that's any indication of my preferences in terms of comfort (sounds wise I think the bass is good but it's lacking in other aspects).

EDIT:
Built in mic would be nice too.

Keep in mind these will not be used with my computer at home. Strictly for on the go stuff and if it's gym compatible (so good passive noise cancellation and sweat resistance) that'll be a bonus.

snip

have you considered using earbuds instead? I mean working out with big headphones on will only make you look like a douchebag.

like maybe the ones ltt reviewed or the some other lower tier one?

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

have you considered using earbuds instead? I mean working out with big headphones on will only make you look like a douchebag.

like maybe the ones ltt reviewed or the some other lower tier one?

I mention in the OP that I can't wear in-ear earbuds so I'd prefer to avoid suggestions of them.

Definitely go with earbuds.

Suggestions?

I mention in the OP that I can't wear in-ear earbuds so I'd prefer to avoid suggestions of them.

Suggestions?

then maybe its other variant? It's a neckband type that uses the typical earphone design instead of earbuds

http://en-sg.sennheiser.com/pmx-686g-sports

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Heard great things about the Bluebuds. My main concerns are it's bluetooth (so worse sound quality) and in-ears which will hurt my ears.

Heard great things about the Bluebuds. My main concerns are it's bluetooth (so worse sound quality) and in-ears which will hurt my ears.

You should experiment with different tips. There are foam tips, silicone tips. You need to find one that fits you. No orther type of headphone will block the sound as well as they will.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.