Best Internet for live streaming games

KONA

Hey guys i have shaw broadband 50 internet (50 down and 3 up) but i want to start to live stream games but my upload is not good enough for it. What internet packages or providers do you use for streaming 1080p.

Thanks,

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

Hey guys i have shaw broadband 50 internet (50 down and 3 up) but i want to start to live stream games but my upload is not good enough for it. What internet packages or providers do you use for streaming 1080p.

Thanks,

Shaw should have some pretty nice packages, and cheap compared to my ISP.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Shaw should have some pretty nice packages, and cheap compared to my ISP.

yeah they got really good download but not upload so to get like 10 up you have to get the package that is like $115 a month with 15 up and 250 down but i don't need 250 down. Im looking at 10 up and 50 down but there isnt a package for that. I just dont get why ISP's cant offer a like build your own package or something where you pick your upload download and everything so its like more custom to what your needs are.

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

yeah they got really good download but not upload so to get like 10 up you have to get the package that is like $115 a month with 15 up and 250 down but i don't need 250 down. Im looking at 10 up and 50 down but there isnt a package for that. I just dont get why ISP's cant offer a like build your own package or something where you pick your upload download and everything so its like more custom to what your needs are.

What ISP's are in your area ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

What ISP's are in your area ?

The only 2 i here of people using is shaw and telus i have shaw right now cuz i have shaw tv,phone and internet so it was easyer to bundle it together i might just get the 250 down and 15 upload 

The only 2 i here of people using is shaw and telus i have shaw right now cuz i have shaw tv,phone and internet so it was easyer to bundle it together i might just get the 250 down and 15 upload 

That is the best package you can get if you want to keep it all bundled, 

ISP's don't offer custom packages or "build your own" to residential because of cost. The way they do it they have standardized equipment and commands on their actual routers/switches that make things easy when you purchase/change service. They have software custom built so that if you want to upgrade to their next tier of service they can do that without getting a network technician involved. Any time you get a network technician involved making changes on a router/switch there is a cost involved with that. And that cost isn't worth it when your service costs 50$ a month. 

That is the best package you can get if you want to keep it all bundled, 

yeah thats the thing there HD tv package i have with all the hd sports and everything is really good plus i have a pvr through them and everything so it would be hard to switch all that just to get the internet that i want

BTW for streaming games you need at least 1(megabit) up. looks like you got that. suggested is to have 1 megabyte up. that's for 1080p.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

BTW for streaming games you need at least 1(megabit) up. looks like you got that. suggested is to have 1 megabyte up. that's for 1080p.

That is an 1/8 of a megabyte would that not be slow ?

http://www.shaw.ca/internet/broadband-50/

that is what i have and i cant get it to go to 1080p using open broadcaster 

http://www.shaw.ca/internet/broadband-50/

that is what i have and i cant get it to go to 1080p using open broadcaster 

Honestly, I would just stream at 720p. Unless this is a business venture where you start to make money off of it, then I wouldn't bother with live-streaming 1080p. Since the video is compressed all to hell no matter what, there isn't THAT big of a difference, and there's no point in shelling out a ton of extra money for it.

Many professional's who stream do so at 720p, such as Day[9] TV with his live Starcraft streams (commentary, education, shenanigans).

You really just need to look at what you can get with Shaw, and decide how much you want to spend. If you can justify the 250/15 package, then go for it. If not, stick with your current package and stream at 720p instead.

Ideally you'd want to get Synchronous Fibre internet (Like 50/50, etc), but Fibre isn't available in most areas still yet.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Honestly, I would just stream at 720p. Unless this is a business venture where you start to make money off of it, then I wouldn't bother with live-streaming 1080p. Since the video is compressed all to hell no matter what, there isn't THAT big of a difference, and there's no point in shelling out a ton of extra money for it.

Many professional's who stream do so at 720p, such as Day[9] TV with his live Starcraft streams (commentary, education, shenanigans).

You really just need to look at what you can get with Shaw, and decide how much you want to spend. If you can justify the 250/15 package, then go for it. If not, stick with your current package and stream at 720p instead.

Ideally you'd want to get Synchronous Fibre internet (Like 50/50, etc), but Fibre isn't available in most areas still yet.

well right now with my current internet package i cant get it to 720p i cranked the bitrate up to max in open broadcaster but it still streams at 360p with a 5 second delay and that is with 3 up 

That is an 1/8 of a megabyte would that not be slow ?

I got these numbers from someone who streams daily. I didn't question them.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Check to see if you have Novus in your building. From what I've heard, their internet is pretty good.

You can also wait for the new fiber company to be available. Looks really awesome.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990