GOG cloud saves

minimoose

So I got my copy of Witcher 3 with my new video card, but it's a GOG code and as a complete GOG novice I was wondering if GOG had cloud saves like Steam and Origin and Uplay,so if I uninstall the game I won't lose my progress?

Ugh, you should contact them and ask about it. But I would assume no. The way GOG works (CD Projekt Red company btw) is that they offer 100% DRM free content. No client required. They have service for downloading and managing came collections (mainly aimed for Linux users). But I don't think it has cloud feature like other DRM-shit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Having cloud saves is incredibly valuable to gamers. Something the folks at GOG should think about.

Steam and Origin do it well. Uplay does it too but they once deleted my friends Assassins Creed Black Flag saves... So I am a bit afraid of them.

Regarding your problem you should be able to manually backup the save files.

Having cloud saves is incredibly valuable to gamers. Something the folks at GOG should think about.

Steam and Origin do it well. Uplay does it too but they once deleted my friends Assassins Creed Black Flag saves... So I am a bit afraid of them.

Regarding your problem you should be able to manually backup the save files.

the problem is they do not have client yet that is working their games are 100% drm free meaning you dont need to connect online to play them because of that it creates a problem

You probably have to wait for GOG Galaxy for those features.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

the problem is they do not have client yet that is working their games are 100% drm free meaning you dont need to connect online to play them because of that it creates a problem

they could be DRM free and still have optional cloud saves via a client. A client which exists to syncs save files to a remote server (possibly amongst other functionality) is not DRM. As long as it still allows you to launch the game without the client and allows you to install on other pcs without the client? But the client should be optional for people who want to use it- that would allow them to provide a lot of value to gamers with increased functionality in the way that steam does... Like I said; make it optional in the spirit of Gog. Those who want to can just download and run games independently.

You can be DRM free and still have optional cloud saves via a client. A client which exists to syncs save files to a remote server (possibly amongst other functionality) is not DRM. Because it still allows you to launch the game without the client.

i know im actually graduating in information and computer technology in college.right now whitout a client doing a save file syncing system might be difficult when the gog galaxy comes it will probably be there but to add to evrything it probably is not hard to set up something like google drive or dropbox and just throw the files there and pick them up. Gog galaxy is going to be optional atleast thats what i heard when i beta tested it

i know im actually graduating in information and computer technology in college.right now whitout a client doing a save file syncing system might be difficult when the gog galaxy comes it will probably be there but to add to evrything it probably is not hard to set up something like google drive or dropbox and just throw the files there and pick them up. Gog galaxy is going to be optional atleast thats what i heard when i beta tested it

So with dropbox I'd just copy it before I uninstalled? Or set up some automated backup system, any idea how?

GOG Client is available now (beta)  :) and yes it is optional . Not sure it has cloud save features, will try it this weekend.

Anyways manual backup is good and easy option.

Finally got PS4 Pro

So with dropbox I'd just copy it before I uninstalled? Or set up some automated backup system, any idea how?

Copy before uninstalling the game. Game's uninstaller will probably ask if save files and settings should be kept or not.

You can use free backup softwares like this,

http://www.in.techradar.com/news/software/applications/Best-free-backup-software-11-programs-we-recommend/articleshow/38877922.cms

I don't know if any of them have option to backup on dropbox/google drive

Finally got PS4 Pro