Windows Aero not working.

RemiDom
Go to solution Solved by RemiDom,

Hmm, make sure you uninstalled any old gpu drivers and have installed the correct new ones :/

http://i.imgur.com/EERRstl.jpg  Maybe this will give you some ideas. When I click on window color it brings me to that instead of the aero edit. even though I'm on an aero theme

Apparently aero didn't like my second monitor. as soon as I unplugged it. it started working again.

So I've tried Re installing drivers and stuff like that and windows Aero still wont work on the task bar. I am also getting screen tearing when ever I move anything and apparently not being in Aero can cause that.

try rebooting your pc? or try changing your windows theme to one that uses aero? (If aero still doesn't work, you should be able to click something that says "Aero not working?" or similar, and that should help fix it)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

try rebooting your pc?

Also tried that multiple times.

Also tried that multiple times.

Edited my post.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Edited my post.

Yeah I'm on an aero theme. when I click the trouble shoot option it cant figure out what is wrong.

Yeah I'm on an aero theme. when I click the trouble shoot option it cant figure out what is wrong.

Hmm, make sure you uninstalled any old gpu drivers and have installed the correct new ones :/

Yep, I've been trying to fix this for like an hour lol... I completely removed all drivers, first thing I did.

http://i.imgur.com/EERRstl.jpg  Maybe this will give you some ideas. When I click on window color it brings me to that instead of the aero edit. even though I'm on an aero theme

Apparently aero didn't like my second monitor. as soon as I unplugged it. it started working again.

Most likely driver issues, the only program I know, that really does remove all drivers is 'Display Driver Uninstall'.

If it didn't happen before, try rolling back to some windows's backup.