AHK Script (Password Protection)

Ryouichi Kiriyami

basically i want a script.

whenever anyone tries to start say google chrome

itll check if chrome.exe is running. if it is. it will pause/stop/cancel it till it waits for said password

is somethin like that even possible?

so far i have something like this

#SingleInstance, forceSendMode InputSetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%iTC_EXE = C:\Program Files (x86)\Google Chrome\ Chrome.exeiTC_Path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Google ChromeiTC_imgName = chrome.exe    Process, Exist, %iTC_imgName%    If (ErrorLevel = 0)
Edited by alpenwasser
code tags :)

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

I'm assuming you're using Windows, but looking for functionality similar to that of a keychain. You may want to look into the CryptProtectData function. Unfortunately Windows out of the box doesn't really offer this kind of functionality outside of IE, and even then they binned it in IE7. If you really need to protect this data I would either look into a Linux distribution where you would be able to utilize keychains or perhaps encrypt a folder within your drive (Or a USB drive) with TrueCrypt, which would require your permission via password to use every time. TrueCrypt is no longer supported, however, it is generally safe. Here is the latest audit of TrueCrypt if you would like more information on its security.

This is what I found when I simply googled your question. Not sure if it works but try it out http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/78664-password-protect-a-program/

yeah i found that too...didnt work for me. c:

I'm assuming you're using Windows, but looking for functionality similar to that of a keychain. You may want to look into the CryptProtectData function. Unfortunately Windows out of the box doesn't really offer this kind of functionality outside of IE, and even then they binned it in IE7. If you really need to protect this data I would either look into a Linux distribution where you would be able to utilize keychains or perhaps encrypt a folder within your drive (Or a USB drive) with TrueCrypt, which would require your permission via password to use every time. TrueCrypt is no longer supported, however, it is generally safe. Here is the latest audit of TrueCrypt if you would like more information on its security.

sounds nice but i didnt want another program :/

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

yeah i found that too...didnt work for me. c:

sounds nice but i didnt want another program :/

Yet you're prepared to create your own script? These guys have been in the industry for years, security is definitely the one sector I wouldn't mess around in. Go straight to the pros