help me plz thx

dragonballz

Hi guys I was wondering if ud be so kind to help a person with no ideas about a computer!!? I've had a computer called a q6600 quad core 2.4ghz recently the graphics card has broken down on me which was called a 8600gt I was thinking just buy it again and install it! Then I thought to myself is there 1 better that would fit and would it be worth it or not this is were I hope u guys can help with your view ?? I am no tech sort of person I was on xbox for years and never played pc for gaming which is what I'd like to do the only games I love are all the total war games and if I could play them I would be a happy man lol so I u find the time to help me I would be forever in your det

The Q6600 is your processor (cpu). Do some research on who manufactured your PC such as Dell, HP, etc.  Include some pics of your case interior and component listings if possible.  This would better inform the community of what your working with so recommendations could be made.  Also, wattage on your power supply (should be a sticker on it) would really be helpful as well ;)

Also, what are you using your PC for....gaming, general use, things like this would help also.....

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Ok then friend I'll definitely do this for u guys and I no my watts are low which is 230 and its made bye go

Want to play total war games all of them if possible

Want to play total war games all of them if possible

Whats your budget?

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

@dragonballz Welcome to the world of PC gaming. Make sure you follow your own topics so you know when you get a reply. Next thing what is your budget/use/resolution and what is the specific model of your computer(should be a sticker on the side of the case)something around the lines of m9150f model #. You can even link us pictures so we know more about the computer inside and out. Since you are new do some research on the precautions of opening your PC, before you start poking around.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

Ke 460-AA-abu m9162.uk-a system model and on case it is m9162.uk-a thx for the happy welcome freind and budget round about 40-60 pound plz may sqeeze over if its a good option thx

I'll try to reserch opening it but I am going to do my best I just don't wanna break it its all what I got when I brought it ive never opened :(

I'll try to reserch opening it but I am going to do my best I just don't wanna break it its all what I got when I brought it ive never opened :(

Don't worry to much. There should be a lot of dust build up then, before you start touching stuff you should pick up some compress air and a anti-static bracelet to be safe. Watch some videos about computer building. Do you know what resolution you will be playing at and What Operating system you have (Windows 7 32 or 64 bit). Sorry to hit you with so many questions.  

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01410502

Does this link show your current PC?

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Yes that is my pc ins and out it has never been changed I'm gonna find what resolution when home from work I was playing rome total war on high graphics last night big battle run smooth for a old graphics card being a geforce 8400gs sorry for late replys guys kids are driving me round the bend

I played rome last night on 1360 somthing like that higher than 1280 that's for sure

I don't no alot but I do no my computer is a dinousour

Hi

Hi, Don't worry about me not seeing posts I followed this topic. So try and compress your posts to keep it less cluttered.

Tried to put pic on said they are to big :(

You can try to post them on Imgur then link them to them here. For the total war games what settings are we talking playable, because for Rome II and War hammer your processor is a little bit above the Minimum requirement. The things you would need to upgrade is the power supply and the graphics card and some more ram if you only have around 3GB. But looking at this it looks like it couldn't really keep up if they release more games.So it might be more cost efficient to just build a new system.

Overkill Chill: