HTC One M9 Users I WANT YOU!

Go to solution Solved by hmminteresting,

HTC One M9 Users  I WANT YOU!  to tell me your opinions on the phone, in short sentences  that would   base my opinion on buying it or not . 

I got the phone recently as an upgrade from my M7 which has started getting slower. The M9 is very fast, Excellent at multitasking and just feels much smoother. The camera received an update the day after i got the phone, I didn't get it on release, it is now much better. I especially love the front camera even though I'm not into selfies that much, It's especially good for video calling. The 4k video recording is 4K (duh) and looks amazing.

I have yet to put an SD card into the phone, i have the 32gb version which is enough for now. The buttons on the bottom can be rearranged which I love. The Wifi receiver is impressive on both the 2Ghz and 5ghz networks, they have great distance New functionality includes recognising when you are at home and having a customish home page where the phone will adapt to the apps you use most while in the location you marked as home, I quite like this as it actually shows the apps I use most (not a gimic). The sound is amazing as per usual and really its an improvement of the M7 which was a beast so no drawbacks there.

My phone came with the fast charger in the UK so it depends where you are but the battery lasts be a day and a half which pretty extreme use (watching videos, listening to music, whatsapp, web browsing and emails as well as calls and texts) however the recharge time is actually mind blowing I got from 3% to 80% in about 15 mins I don't know if its the charger or what but its amazeballs.I had to choose between this phone and the s6(edge cause of the edge haha). I chose this one cause I'm pretty comfortable with the sense OS and I find it easy to use, so really its up to you but the phone itself is a win. It does overheat a bit when playing stressful games or watching shows on netflix but as far as I've heard its just the new snapdragon CPUs' fault.

Overall its been about a week and a bit and I'm loving the phone so far so I'd say go for it.    

On a side not about the battery life. I run with the power saver mode on pretty much permanently. As far as I can tell from doing this on the M7 and now the M9 the only drawback noticeable difference is that putting the screen brightness up all the way doesn't make it as bright. According to the phone CPU usage is more conservative and it limits the network usage a bit, but I don't notice this so it depends on your personal usage.

HTC One M9 Users  I WANT YOU!  to tell me your opinions on the phone, in short sentences  that would   base my opinion on buying it or not . 

If you're into taking allot of pictures, and or appreciate good quality pictures. I'd say that is not the phone you'd be looking for.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

If you're into taking allot of pictures, and or appreciate good quality pictures. I'd say that is not the phone you'd be looking for.

It works great in performance and sound quality! That overheating thing is a little exaggerated. Only buy it as mentioned before sound and performance not screen quality or picture quality since the kings right now are the S6 and G4 to come.

Groomlake Authority

I am more of a sound person.

It works great in performance and sound quality! That overheating thing is a little exaggerated. Only buy it as mentioned before sound and performance not screen quality or picture quality since the kings right now are the S6 and G4 to come.

What about battery life is it any good

What about battery life is it any good

Yes it actually pretty good (Lasts over 10 hours with internet browsing highly used) but as everyone knows even with saving mode on playing 3d intense games will dry out the M9 battery in 5 hours or slightly more/less.

Groomlake Authority

I got the phone recently as an upgrade from my M7 which has started getting slower. The M9 is very fast, Excellent at multitasking and just feels much smoother. The camera received an update the day after i got the phone, I didn't get it on release, it is now much better. I especially love the front camera even though I'm not into selfies that much, It's especially good for video calling. The 4k video recording is 4K (duh) and looks amazing.

I have yet to put an SD card into the phone, i have the 32gb version which is enough for now. The buttons on the bottom can be rearranged which I love. The Wifi receiver is impressive on both the 2Ghz and 5ghz networks, they have great distance New functionality includes recognising when you are at home and having a customish home page where the phone will adapt to the apps you use most while in the location you marked as home, I quite like this as it actually shows the apps I use most (not a gimic). The sound is amazing as per usual and really its an improvement of the M7 which was a beast so no drawbacks there.

My phone came with the fast charger in the UK so it depends where you are but the battery lasts be a day and a half which pretty extreme use (watching videos, listening to music, whatsapp, web browsing and emails as well as calls and texts) however the recharge time is actually mind blowing I got from 3% to 80% in about 15 mins I don't know if its the charger or what but its amazeballs.I had to choose between this phone and the s6(edge cause of the edge haha). I chose this one cause I'm pretty comfortable with the sense OS and I find it easy to use, so really its up to you but the phone itself is a win. It does overheat a bit when playing stressful games or watching shows on netflix but as far as I've heard its just the new snapdragon CPUs' fault.

Overall its been about a week and a bit and I'm loving the phone so far so I'd say go for it.    

On a side not about the battery life. I run with the power saver mode on pretty much permanently. As far as I can tell from doing this on the M7 and now the M9 the only drawback noticeable difference is that putting the screen brightness up all the way doesn't make it as bright. According to the phone CPU usage is more conservative and it limits the network usage a bit, but I don't notice this so it depends on your personal usage.

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Waiting for my carrier to stock up on the black  model and i am instantly buying it   for some reason  they are the only company on the  planet that  does't have it  in stock and i cant wait to buy it 

Waiting for my carrier to stock up on the black  model and i am instantly buying it   for some reason  they are the only company on the  planet that  does't have it  in stock and i cant wait to buy it 

Ironically the HTC store in the UK was out of stock during the official release and for about a week after. :D

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

It improves everything on the m8

If you like music go for it :)

If you take pictures go for g4 since it destoryes the s6 and nukes the m9 camera in my opinion

It improves everything on the m8

If you like music go for it :)

If you take pictures go for g4 since it destoryes the s6 and nukes the m9 camera in my opinion

Latest update made the camera on par with the shots I've seen from G4. Still doesnt have image stabilisation though so meh