PSU Fan direction

hello guys, newbie here in LTT :) 

i recently bought a Seasonic M12 520 EVO and i noticed something, the fan is on the top part when i put it inside the case. is it okay to put it like that? cause someone told that it will cause more hotness. now, i rotated it upside down and the writing on the psu became upside down too, but the fan is in the bottom part now and it sucks air outside the case. please help me :D

hello guys, newbie here in LTT :)

i recently bought a Seasonic M12 520 EVO and i noticed something, the fan is on the top part when i put it inside the case. is it okay to put it like that? cause someone told that it will cause more hotness. now, i rotated it upside down and the writing on the psu became upside down too, but the fan is in the bottom part now and it sucks air outside the case. please help me :D

if you have a psu intake thats filtered, flip it upside down, just twist the cables to make them fit right. Also it should be raised above the floor and not on carpet. Its better for the psu to get nice cool air.

it depends on the case if the fan is on the top or bottom, i could put my cx600 with the fan to the bottom in my case, but the new Silverstone750 only with the fan on the top otherwise my EPS 4+4pin connector's cable wouldnt reach the  motherboard

ok, i use CM N200 which has a hole in the bottom for the psu's fan. it's just weird because when i put it with the fan on bottom part, the writings on the psu are upside down which means it's meant to be put with the fan on top part? hahaha  :lol:

ok, i use CM N200 which has a hole in the bottom for the psu's fan. it's just weird because when i put it with the fan on bottom part, the writings on the psu are upside down which means it's meant to be put with the fan on top part? hahaha :lol:

most are like that. It doesn't matter as long as ypu plug the right stuff in. It might even say what it is on the cable tip