Draining the loop

So, since I have to replace my mobo (and god forgive me I didn't buy Koolance quick disconnects when I had to) I need now to drain my loop and was looking for the best way to do it without making a huge mess and/or destorying my components.

I have a 900D so I have the "privilege" of literally running a tube from the cpu block back into the reservoir on the rear side (back panel)

My loop is as follows.

Reservoir (out) ----> pump -----> Rad1 -----> GPU ----> Rad2 ----> CPU ----> Reservoir (in)

"b-but why did you chain up rads and gpu/cpu? do you know that there's actually no differenc-"

Shush. I liked how it looks and it made more sense to me.

Anyways, the tube that goes from the CPU to the Reservoir (basically the end of the loop) is actually running on the back, where the cable management happens, since the 900D is so huge I can actually do that, and I was thinking of cutting that long tube {since it's the farthest away from any sensible components) and turning the pump on so the whole loop runs through everything and then spits out in a container instead of the reservoir (which would make it run furthermore)

Bad idea? Seems logical to me. The only videos I've seen on YouTube were of people opening random fittings and draining them with just air pressure.

Tell me what you think.

tl:dr cut end (feed back to the reservoir) and turn pump on to "pump" everything on the outside.

The Enforcer V3 (R.I.P 23/12/2014 - 28/04/2015)

The Enforcer V4 (Coming soon.)

Could you post pictures? It seems  pretty logical to me too, but I'd recommend trying to move everything else behind the Mobo tray out the way as well - either that or tilting the case while you do it so that it has no chance of touching any wires on the back of the Mobo Tray.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

http://i.imgur.com/TIklLbz.jpg

This is what it used to be.

I'm going to cut that long tube you see going behind the case and then back to the front (just above and below the GPU) in the back and run the pump so instead of feeding the loop again it'll just come out in some container to be disposed of.

I've had folks pull off their CPU block, and undoing one of the connectors there. 

But cutting a tube (and inserting either a T connector or QDC for draining in the future!) will probably work. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I've had folks pull off their CPU block, and undoing one of the connectors there. 

But cutting a tube (and inserting either a T connector or QDC for draining in the future!) will probably work. 

I;m just going to cut the tube and power on the pump. That's what I meant in the first place.

Just be careful if you run the pump to empty it, if you arent careful youll have a pump to replace too

I;m just going to cut the tube and power on the pump. That's what I meant in the first place.

After looking at the picture - yep - should work.  I'm sure you know not to run that pump dry if you can help it :)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

After looking at the picture - yep - should work.  I'm sure you know not to run that pump dry if you can help it :)

Just be careful if you run the pump to empty it, if you arent careful youll have a pump to replace too

Aside from the fact that I'm going to turn off the pump before it runs dry (duh), it has to be said that as part of my "upgrade" I will buy a twice as powerful pump. So yeah, that pump that's stlil in there will be kept for future uses, but if it gets slightly damaged well... no big deal :D