Render a file multiple times?

Franker

Hi.

Im using Sony Vegas Pro 13 to render and edit videos from captured gameplay.

Can i render the same file multiple times? Will i experience quality loss or/and Audio/Video desynq?

Same settings, formats, speed and all that. Only changes being added text, another clip or intro.

AVC/AAC mp4 format.

1080p 60fps

SNIP

What do you mean rendering the same file multiple times? it will render out the same way every time (use the source files for each render - not the rendered files)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

(use the source files for each render - not the rendered files)

That was my point. What will happen if i render the renderd file? 

Im very new to this.

That was my point. What will happen if i render the renderd file? 

Im very new to this.

Why would you do that? makes no sense to, and you would lose quality due to compression etc

If you are using a video editing program then you keep a "source file" and and "render file" - the original video is still how it was recorded and a second video is created which is your rendered video

there is no point using that rendered video to render again - you can just open the editor, shove the source back in and render out with whatever the different thing you are doing is

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Im realizing i may have done this the wrong way...but here is how i have done.

Selected bits and pieces from source to render short clips.

Added multiple of those short clips to render a longer clip.

Added text to the longer clip and rendered

And finaly added the intro and renderd that.

Okay, im starting to hear how this sounds but im self learning by mostly trial and error and just started a week ago with no prior experience.  

Why would you do that? makes no sense to, and you would lose quality due to compression etc

If you are using a video editing program then you keep a "source file" and and "render file" - the original video is still how it was recorded and a second video is created which is your rendered video

there is no point using that rendered video to render again - you can just open the editor, shove the source back in and render out with whatever the different thing you are doing is

That would explain why one of the videos is starting to look like crap.

You sir, are completely right. I basiclly need a way to manage my files. And probably need to do my all my editing, adding text and intro at the same time in the same session.

SNIP

What are you using to edit video?

You can add layers, you dont have to re-render for each step, and you should be nesting your videos so that your "intro" is made into a sequence with each effect inside, that you can drag around as a single entity

You then do your cuts from the source video (the source video remains intact) and you add your text/cuts/inserts onto the video

You should only have to render once