Looking for new ROM

Techteen14

So, I flashed OxygenOS last week, then got fed up with how it's missing some features that even the Nexus 6 has (like Trusted Face). I reverted back to CM12S today, but I've had more app crashes and visual glitches in the last half an hour than I did in my entire week with Oxygen (sadly, this is normal to CM, at least in my experience). I'm new to the whole ROM thing, but I'm confident in my ability to flash them. I'm looking for a highly customizable but smooth and stable Lollipop ROM. (preferably 5.1, but 5.0.2 is good too) Is there one? I'm looking at Blisspop, is that any good?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

So, I flashed OxygenOS last week, then got fed up with how it's missing some features that even the Nexus 6 has (like Trusted Face).

Nexus 6 is 'bleeding edge' Google features. Of course it's gonna get stuff like trusted face first.

Nexus 6 is 'bleeding edge' Google features. Of course it's gonna get stuff like trusted face first.

Trusted Face (née Face Unlock) is a stock feature of every Android device I've ever used, including my friend's Motorola craphone running 4.2, two Galaxy S4's and an S3 of people I know (Samsung also makes you speak a phrase), an LG Pulse running 4.4, an even OLDER Motorola Craphone running 4.1/2 (can't remember) and my OPO with CM11S.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Trusted Face (née Face Unlock) is a stock feature of every Android device I've ever used, including my friend's Motorola craphone running 4.2, two Galaxy S4's and an S3 of people I know (Samsung also makes you speak a phrase), an LG Pulse running 4.4, an even OLDER Motorola Craphone running 4.1/2 (can't remember) and my OPO with CM11S.

Still, the 6, and even the 5, is a bad example. They get all the bleeding edge Google services because it's Google pure and is frequently used as a proof of concept for other manufacturers. In any case, I've heard good things about BlissPop in the past.

Heyyo,

I dunno, I'm running CyanogenMod CM12S stable on my OnePlus One... tbh haven't had a crash yet. Did you clear your dalvik cache and all that after reinstalling CyanogenMod CM12S? That can cause issues if you don't.

Here's an automated tool that will properly install CyanoGenMod CM12S on your OnePlus One if you wish to give it a try to see if it fixes your stability issues:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/tool-joxygenos-installer-flawlessly-clean-install-oxygenos-cm12s.290648/

Otherwise? Blisspop is supposed to be good too yeah, but it's essentially a CyanogenMod of CyanogenMod. Just extra features/gimmicks not currently found on CyanogenMod tbh. They take the Stock Android image and then add stuff from the CyanogenMod sources and then do a few tweaks on top of it.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

I dunno, I'm running CyanogenMod CM12S stable on my OnePlus One... tbh haven't had a crash yet. Did you clear your dalvik cache and all that after reinstalling CyanogenMod CM12S? That can cause issues if you don't.

Here's an automated tool that will properly install CyanoGenMod CM12S on your OnePlus One if you wish to give it a try to see if it fixes your stability issues:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/tool-joxygenos-installer-flawlessly-clean-install-oxygenos-cm12s.290648/

Otherwise? Blisspop is supposed to be good too yeah, but it's essentially a CyanogenMod of CyanogenMod. Just extra features/gimmicks not currently found on CyanogenMod tbh. They take the Stock Android image and then add stuff from the CyanogenMod sources and then do a few tweaks on top of it.

I cleared everything but my internal storage.

I'll probably flash a CM12.1 nightly (required for BlissPop 5.1 to work anyway), see how I like that, and if I feel I want the extra BlissPop features (I really like DPI changer, for example) I'll flash that later. Apparently CM12.1 makes the OPO like a whole new phone...

Heyyo,

I cleared everything but my internal storage.

I'll probably flash a CM12.1 nightly (required for BlissPop 5.1 to work anyway), see how I like that, and if I feel I want the extra BlissPop features (I really like DPI changer, for example) I'll flash that later. Apparently CM12.1 makes the OPO like a whole new phone...

Your safest bet for switching from one ROM to the next? Complete data wipe. Using a program like Titanium Backup to afterwards restore your data and apps is the easiest way to go about it.

Hmm I dunno, so far all I've seen with 12.1 that it "refines the Material design and improves on the CM File manager."... other than that? They are now starting to merge 12.1 from 5.1 to 5.1.1. so it's not big changes yet that'll make the OPO feel like a new phone... the only way I see that happening now is if somehow by some miracle Qualcomm upgrades the Snapdragon 801 SoC to take advantage of Vulkan 3D API... which sadly feels unlikely at this rate since the Adreno 330 only supports OpenGL ES 3.0 and not 3.1...

If you're wondering about the notorious Colorfade memory leak? CyanogenMod 12S already included the fix. The fix is disabled on 12.1 nightly since Google fixed it in ASOP 5.1.

So yeah, CM 12.1 will just be a more fluid experience than 12S but tbh if anything? Nightly will probably be less stable since it's more of an alpha version since it just released.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Paranoid Android is very good on moto g 1st gen.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Trusted Faces requires certain things to be updated (and turned on) so don't just jump to the conclusion it isn't there.

I flashed BlissPop and I'm loving it. Only problem is that MS Office Mobile and Amazon Shopping aren't updated to support 5.1.1, but I can live without them.