Youtube in Chrome and in app issues

JorenBus
Go to solution Solved by DZSlasher,

If you are signed into chrome using your google accounts, sign out and see if the video begins to work. If it does, it might be related to your account.

Hello all,

I've had this problem since a few days now.

Certain videos just won't play at all when I click on them.

Either it's just a black screen where the video is suppossed to play, or the loading wheel just keeps on spinning.

Most videos I can play without any problems, just sometimes certain videos just don't work.

The strange thing is that that certain video doesn't work on Chrome, but also doesn't work on my iPhone and iPad.

When I read the comments I don't see anyone complaining that they can't play the video.

I've already removed cookies and such.

What else can I do?

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

try re installing chome or re installing flash player

Did that, didn't work.

Doesnt work on my iPhone and iPad either.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

could it be stuff encoded with silverlight? Silverlight doesn't work in chrome because chrome is x64 and silverlight is x86. I use Opera now for bt sport as it requires silverlight.

could it be stuff encoded with silverlight? Silverlight doesn't work in chrome because chrome is x64 and silverlight is x86. I use Opera now for bt sport as it requires silverlight.

But then how is it possible that I can't play those videos in the Youtube app on my iPhone and iPad either?

as silverlight is produced by microsoft could it be that it is not supported on apple products?

as silverlight is produced by microsoft could it be that it is not supported on apple products?

It has been working fine for the last couple of years, problem started about 2-3 days ago.

That would be about the same time it hit me on chrome but I hadn't tried to watch bt sport for a couple of weeks previously. 

That would be about the same time it hit me on chrome but I hadn't tried to watch bt sport for a couple of weeks previously.

Well I've seen 1 other post in troubleshooting of someone having the same problem as me, but it seems not a lot of people have issues.

If you are signed into chrome using your google accounts, sign out and see if the video begins to work. If it does, it might be related to your account.

That seems to have fixed it for now, thanks a lot!