New 3770k build - D1G1TALC0RE 2.0

dgtL

1. Budget & Location

My budget although not strict is around $2200 USD

2. Aim

Mainly Gaming. decent overclocking and able to run anything new even upcoming stuff for a while.

3. Monitors

3 @ 1080

4. Peripherals

Im good on peripherals and OS

5. Why are you upgrading?

Time to build a new rig.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula EATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($269.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($164.98 @ Amazon)

Storage: OCZ Vector Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($247.28 @ TigerDirect)

Storage: OCZ Vector Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($247.28 @ TigerDirect)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($494.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($279.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $2044.48

Also a OCZ Nocti Series NOC-MSATA-120G mSATA 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227748

Opinions/Suggestions?

If you are doing a multi monitor setup you'll want a 680 with at least 4 GB of VRAM. 2 GB is not enough for 5760x1080. You don't need such a large power supply you should go with the Corsair AX860i or the regular AX series. I don't see a HDD so I assume you don't need one. Overall the build is pretty good except you RAM. You should always go with a 2x? RAM solution if you have a dual channel MOBO because it leaves you options in the future. Plus you're getting ripped off on the memory you chose. There's not much difference between 1600 and 1866 unless you're using an APU which you are obviously not. Other than that your setup looks pretty solid.

Ohh i forgot any parts not listed means i dont need them.

I think at 1080 i should be fine with the 2gb 680 however i will be getting more 680's also answering the ax1200i point. And yea ive got 4x1TB Caviar Blacks for storage. I have to admit i thought about the ram and decided i would just sell the modules if i want to upgrade. that way i have the baller look from 4 dominator platinums. as for speeds its actually cheaper to buy the 1 pack of 4x4gb 1866 than 2 packs of 2x4gb 1600. (since i couldnt find a 4x4gb 1600) Thank you for your feedback!

Even with two 680's, you won't draw more than 5-600ish watts making the 750 and 850w candidates a better idea. With up coming games, I would personally be looking at 4GB of memory for the card. Your pricing is also somewhat out unless you have a MicroCenter near by because as I understand it, they do not have a web store.

In general, do you actually have to spend this much on high end components? You could accomplish what you want to do with about $1700.

Im not against changing things up but i did factor in highend parts in to the price tag. As an example i picked the ax1200i for the warranty and certification thinking it would be the only psu i would need for a long time even if i decide to go bigger in a couple years. also i thought i would be great sitting at the top of the efficiency curve under 100% cpu load.

Im not against changing things up but i did factor in highend parts in to the price tag. As an example i picked the ax1200i for the warranty and certification thinking it would be the only psu i would need for a long time even if i decide to go bigger in a couple years. also i thought i would be great sitting at the top of the efficiency curve under 100% cpu load.
Won't make that much of a difference with the efficiency and what is with everyone thinking that parts are going to start consuming more power? Power efficiency is going up so you don't need huge PSU's.

no i get that parts are consuming less energy with newer revisions but im not going some crazy 1500-1600W or buying 2 psu's Im just giving up my CM Silent1000M with other leftover parts to my girls rig. and upgrading a little. And settled on the beautiful ax1200i. I want nice parts if im going custom case or 900D