My innovative solution to custom mount fans..patent pending.....

Anubikai

I had a spare fan lying around and wanted more cool air to flow into my case.......but i had no where to put it.....so i strapped it to my 5.25" bays =D works great....i dropped my cpu temps by about 5 degrees accross the board whilst gaming......the heat form my oc'd 7950 seemed to have warmed up the air inside my case to the point my h80i was being affected quite a bit....this seemed t have fixed that =)

DSCF5200.JPG

DSCF5212.JPG

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Good idea. Probably rattles a lot though. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

and heres my build.....i had more pictures of me building the pc but...i lost the sd card....heres just some pictures showing my buid...

DSC_0249.jpg

DSCF5190.JPG

DSCF5191.JPG

DSCF5192.JPG

DSCF5202.JPGDSCF5211.JPG

Ill add more of my pics later =)

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Good idea. Probably rattles a lot though. 

It doesnt rattle at all...still whisper quiet machine.....even with all 5 fan on....the 2 20cm fans are on 100%......my h80i is on a custom curve i made and the fan i mounted with cable ties is on somewhere between 50-100% speed.....

-Anubikai

Cut the tabs off.  :P

i did, look at the second pic in the first post =)

-Anubikai

Misleading title, unfortunately directing airflow through drives and cages has been done in cases before but good work in putting that fan to use. Keep looking for new ideas, eventually you'll come up with something someone else may not have done.

how is the HX750 i am putting one in a build.

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

Misleading title, unfortunately directing airflow through drives and cages has been done in cases before but good work in putting that fan to use. Keep looking for new ideas, eventually you'll come up with something someone else may not have done.

sorry if someone else had done it before.....i was un aware of it.....but sir....has anyone patented* the idea!!! =P lol just some fun lighten up :)

-Anubika

*patent pending

how is the HX750 i am putting one in a build.

the hx750 is awesome....really like it and its semi modular....the 8 and 24pin power cables are the non-modular cables. You will definately be using those so not a problem. Every other cable is modular......its really quiet and under minimal load the fan doesnt even spin.....i have yeat to 'hear' it over my other fans which are already whisper quiet.... :) i got it as im crossfiring another 7950 by the end of the year and wanted enough watts whilst not making the psu run at 90-100%...the hx750 is also gold certified if that matters and yeah, just a great psu all round...

-Anubikai

sorry if someone else had done it before.....i was un aware of it.....but sir....has anyone patented* the idea!!! =P lol just some fun lighten up :)

-Anubika

*patent pending

Hmmm not sure if someone has patented the idea but there have been companies that have used this same idea or similar. I know its all in good fun, I was just hoping that it really was something different from the sounds of the title that's all. Good that we still got to see your build mate. Again, in case you didn't get tone through text. good work mate, keep coming up with ideas.

NZXT_Phantom_fan-angle.jpg

Something similar to this? but in the 5.25 bays

lol I did this in my build (see build log in sig)

did it with some metal wire,same experience as you,no rattle.

you may want to add a filter though in the front.

and try to improve the cable management a bit.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

i've done pretty mouch the same but i ghetto mounted it with some rolled duct tape

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

I did pretty much the exact same thing for a while. :lol: But all it did was suck more dust into my case so I got rid of it.  With the door I can't imagine the fan was getting much air to push anyway.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro