Question about AndroidWear

chargerjake

Hello all,

Currently I have an iPhone 6, and want to get a wearable. I do not want to get the Apple Watch, because to me they're overpriced and overadvertised. I want to get a Moto360 but they're only compatible with AndroidWear, and I don't have an android. So here's my question:

Could I use the Moto360 without connecting a device?

PC SETUP: | i5-4440 3.1 GHz | MSI Z97s Krait | EVGA GTX 970 | G.Skill Value 8GB | WDC Blue 500GB | NZXT S340

MOBILE SETUP: | Apple iPhone 6 | iOS 10b4 | Apple Watch Stainless Steel w/ Black Sport Band | WatchOS 3b4

Steam: chargerjake | Origin: chargerjake

I mean, kinda defeats the purpose.

The pebble has iOS compatibility. 

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Hello all,

Currently I have an iPhone 6, and want to get a wearable. I do not want to get the Apple Watch, because to me they're overpriced and overadvertised. I want to get a Moto360 but they're only compatible with AndroidWear, and I don't have an android. So here's my question:

Could I use the Moto360 without connecting a device?

you could, but it would be useless. all it could do is tell time.

(not saying watches that do that are useless, just useless to get a smartwatch for that)

look at the new pebbles. they appear super nice right now

Yeah, I considered pebble but I really(really) want a touchscreen interface, rather than analog buttons.

PC SETUP: | i5-4440 3.1 GHz | MSI Z97s Krait | EVGA GTX 970 | G.Skill Value 8GB | WDC Blue 500GB | NZXT S340

MOBILE SETUP: | Apple iPhone 6 | iOS 10b4 | Apple Watch Stainless Steel w/ Black Sport Band | WatchOS 3b4

Yeah, I considered pebble but I really(really) want a touchscreen interface, rather than analog buttons.

The alcatel one touch works for both IOS and android, it just screen mirrors your phone. It looks quite good (looks similar to the moto 360) and is pretty cheap, you should check it out.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

The alcatel one touch works for both IOS and android, it just screen mirrors your phone. It looks quite good (looks similar to the moto 360) and is pretty cheap, you should check it out.

Yes, I did look at the Alcatel Onetouch, however it's from a brand I don't really know, and while I agree with you that it is cheap and looks good, it just doesnt work for me. The flat tire is also larger than the Moto360.

The 360 tells time, monitors heart rate and steps (Moto Body) without an Android phone.

BUT you need an Android phone to set it up in the first place.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650