Good 1080p display for budget

justinfields

I am building a PC, and am trying to find a good 1080p monitor that is not too expensive, but has a good refresh rate.  However, I don't know what a good amount for refresh rate is.  I will have a Geforce GTX 970 Windforce card, and the games I will be playing are LoL, CS:GO, and I plan to play GTAV.  Could someone explain to me if I can actually see over 60 FPS on a 60Hz refresh rate?

PC SPECS: CPU: Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition│GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 4GB(soon!)│MBO: Asus Z97-A │PSU: Rosewill 550w Fully-Modular │CASE: Deepcool TESSERACT SW

I am building a PC, and am trying to find a good 1080p monitor that is not too expensive, but has a good refresh rate.  However, I don't know what a good amount for refresh rate is.  I will have a Geforce GTX 970 Windforce card, and the games I will be playing are LoL, CS:GO, and I plan to play GTAV.  Could someone explain to me if I can actually see over 60 FPS on a 60Hz refresh rate?

Nope not at all, 60hz is the time that the frames refresh per sec/min (not sure) but if you get say a 120hz or 144hz monitor you'll be able to see up to them fps counts. 120 hz = 120fps, etc.

I believe AOC makes a decent 144hz monitor for about $250

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Did you really say "Can you actually see 60hz?" The answer is Yes if you have never experienced it. 

Here is a good one that I personally like as a budget monitor. http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-21-5-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429198917&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+1080p

Not the best but you know, budget be budget. 

Did you really say "Can you actually see 60hz?" The answer is Yes if you have never experienced it. 

Here is a good one that I personally like as a budget monitor. http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-21-5-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429198917&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+1080p

Not the best but you know, budget be budget. 

I can testify that that is a pretty decent monitor, I use two for my setup.