Flashing a Boost Mobile CDMA phone still work on Boost?

Bit8xPr0

I want to flash Android Lollipop on my Boost Mobile phone however I'm not sure if it will still work with my Boost plan that I currently have. Any ideas? I tried googling and all I found was "Boost mobile doesn't work with GSM phones so that's a no go" technically my phone is CDMA but I'm still iffy.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

whats the model?

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

whats the model?

It's an LG Realm. I saw a post where a guy got a leaked Android 5.0.2 for his Boost Moto G confirmed working with CDMA but the forums removed it for violating Motorals terms or something?

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

whats the model?

I've seen many people flash their phones with the Nexus images though. Not sure if it support CDMA and also not sure if Boost works without all the Boost files they initially put on the phone.

It should still technically work. If you were to move it to Sprint or another Sprint based MVNO, then it should still work as well. You won't be able to use it on any other carrier or MVNO though, because they use GSM (except for Verizon), and your phone is a CDMA phone with only CDMA radio frequencies, therefore it will only work on CDMA networks. While yes, Verizon is a CDMA network, it uses different CDMA radio frequencies than Sprint, therefore your LG Realm won't work on Verizon either.

I've seen many people flash their phones with the Nexus images though. Not sure if it support CDMA and also not sure if Boost works without all the Boost files they initially put on the phone.

Do not do this. You run a high risk of possibly bricking your phone. Only flash ROMs that are made specifically for your phone or have been verified to work on your phone. Just because a ROM works on one phone does not mean that it will work on your phone. Do some research if the ROM works on your phone specifically

As a general rule of thumb, if your device is not on XDA, then there more than likely is no root method, ROMs, etc. for your device. 

http://www.xda-developers.com/

COMIC SANS