Fujitsu Siemens Amilo pro ... What can I upgrade?

alleyn321

Hi LinusTechTips!

Im planning on "upgrading" ages old laptop Fufitsu Siemens Amilo Pro but Im not sure what can I upgrade.

How do I know I cant throw in i7 Cpu?

Im willing on spending about 100£ to make it faster which means better CPU and put 60-120gb SSD to it a maybe bit of ram.

Im doing this because of my mom she is used to the labtop and she uses it only for Internet and I just want to make it aster as it takes 5 min to boot and another 5 min till you can do anything :D

Getting an SSD will help but you most likely won't get any performance improvements on the CPU since there's nothing that great to upgrade to.

I think that the only upgrade you can really do is put an SSD in it, but then you might have trouble with TRIM unless she's upgraded past XP.

Sig under construction.

How do I know what is the best CPU I can give to that laptop?

its not like in Desktop PC

Check the Socket and thats nearly all

I cant see any description about the motherboard or anything

How do I know what is the best CPU I can give to that laptop?

its not like in Desktop PC

Check the Socket and thats nearly all

I cant see any description about the motherboard or anything

That laptop is so old you won't get a boost in performance, just get a good SSD and then you will see faster boots. Also try running a more lightweight OS. Try Elementary OS it's basically Mac OSX but linux. http://elementary.io/

Anyway I still would like to know what CPU can I throw in. How I know I cant put in i7 4790k in? :D ... I just want to learn how it works with laptop when trying to upgrade ... With PC you mostly look for the Socket and Power Output when upgrading CPU

Anyway I still would like to know what CPU can I throw in. How I know I cant put in i7 4790k in? :D ... I just want to learn how it works with laptop when trying to upgrade ... With PC you mostly look for the Socket and Power Output when upgrading CPU

the CPU is most likely soldered in and because laptops use different cpus than desktops

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.