Need a new laptop

600-ish dollar USD laptop, mainly for schoolwork, netflix, and adult videos, I'd like to just walk into BestBuy to buy it, unfortunately buying it online and having it shipped isn't an option. Any suggestions?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y40-80/

The lenovo y40 is a great laptop for the price, and at one point it was $650 Plus it has a 5th gen intel processor

Btw, the adult video thing is a joke.... right?

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

If gaming is out, I think you'll like a lot the Surface 3 with keyboard and pen.

As a student, I have the Surface Pro 2, this system was so helpful in my studies.

It is light weight and portable. I loved the fact that I could type my notes in class, and when came math equation or adding notes to a PDF, or draw a graph or sketch, I could pull up the pen and write directly on it, and even flip it into a tablet for a better writing experience, then continue to type my notes. A tablet, a laptop, both together. OneNote is simply amazing! A must get software for note taking.

Touchscreen has excellent tracking, fast and responsive. The pen works really well. The best pen experience I have see on any device with pen integrated. For many years I wanted a device like this, and they all failed to deliver (fight with the pen), or cost over 3000$, and had total crap specs, and battery life, so I was using a normal laptop.

Now, the Surface 3 is slower than the Pro model. It is an Atom based CPU (the fastest/newest), so heavy multi-talking might a problem. Due to the RAM limitation of 4GB on the highest end model, you definitely don't want to use Chrome (beside it will eat your battery), but Firefox or later Spartan in Windows 10 would be viable alternative. I look forward for Spartan. I use it in Windows 10, and it seams promising.

It should handle perfectly well 1080p video playback, demanding websites, and office work.

The Surface 3 seams to deliver sufficient performance for office work and web surfing, so it is fine. It has great battery life as well.

You should be able to find it at BestBuy soon. It is already available at Microsoft Store if there is one near by you, but else then that it will be released June 20, 2014, and you should be able to find it in stores when it comes out.