modding laptop speakers

bluky

i was planning to change my laptop speakers for better ones (cheap mp3 payer speakers with better sound) if have taken apart my laptop and saw that there is enough space for it but my question: can i connect the new speakers to the motherboard of my laptop?

something like this: 

Wx04IcG.jpg

lMFYqr7.jpg

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in short sorry the speakers used in laptops are very low wattage and your replacements aren't plus theres the resitance/ohms difference you would either get really quite distorted sound or no sound at all. I suggest investing in some headphones or you get some pretty decent bluetooth speakers now.

edit: sorry the pic in the first frame of that video is very missleading if you are using sattelites than yes this will work but honestly just get a bluetooth speaker save you breaking your laptop.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I'll second the headphones.  If not that, you can get a decent-ish 2.1 setup in a box for like $30 from Cyber Acoustics, Creative Labs, Logitech, etc.

If you want some advice on headphones, let me know what your budget is and I'll see what I can come up with.

i have some decent headphones but i prefer using speakers (also when i am not @ home)

i know that most laptop speakers are 4 ohm and the speakers i was planning to use are also 4 ohm 

note: i never use my laptop @ home because i have a big fat gaming rig (with big fat speakers on it) so its just for when i am @ friends

i have some decent headphones but i prefer using speakers (also when i am not @ home)

i know that most laptop speakers are 4 ohm and the speakers i was planning to use are also 4 ohm 

note: i never use my laptop @ home because i have a big fat gaming rig (with big fat speakers on it) so its just for when i am @ friends

Still think you should just buy bluetooth speaker they have decent sound quality and are small and portable. My neighbour has a mono bluetooth speaker and it actually sounds pretty great here's so,e links for thought.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Universal-Bluetooth-Compatible-Smartphones-Pink/dp/B00NLA4QT2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429043956&sr=8-3&keywords=bluetooth+speaker+mono

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PocketBoom-Rechargeable-Hands-Free-Functionality-Smartphones-Pink/dp/B00D9Q4Y9U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429043956&sr=8-2&keywords=bluetooth+speaker+mono

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Ah, I gotcha.  In that case, a small external speaker would probably be your best bet.

i liked the idea of putting better speakers inside a laptop (no extra wires and connections and stuff)

but external speakers is a better plan then 

(maybe i will try it with an old laptop to see what will happen (an old pentium 3 that i never use))