Best bang for your buck laptop? $200-$350

Andrewf
Go to solution Solved by Mohenjo,

That is something really useful and neat, but he's an extremely humble guy who basically just doesn't feel the need to spend $2000 on a mac. The bells and whistles also aren't something he'll even care for. It's definitely build quality, and durability over over everything else, I think something with a small 128-256GB SSD will make him very happy to see his laptop turn on and off in seconds.

well there is a model that around 700 with a 256gb ssd thats the one i was talking about, i currently own that laptop and love it. 

My brother needs a laptop, it's for work, and he only needs it to work properly. I would say look for more build quality and reliability than performance. Suggestions, go!

Chromebook?

Or hp stream

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

HP stream 13 is what I think you are looking for.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Chromebook?

Or hp stream

HP stream 13 is what I think you are looking for.

Thanks guys, okay I just found out that his willing spend $700 max. So I suppose one around $500-$699 would be more his range.

This asus laptop has decent specs

13.3 inch anti  glare display

1600MHz Intel Core M 5Y10 Processor. Fan-less design

8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, 8-Hours Battery Life, HD Graphics 5300

All-aluminum ultra-slim Zenbook design weights only 2.6-lbs and is only 0.5-inch thin.

http://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX305FA-ASM1-13-3-Inch-Ultra-Slim-Aluminum/dp/B00SGS7ZH4/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429018107&sr=1-3&keywords=asus+laptop

Thanks guys, okay I just found out that his willing spend $700 max. So I suppose one around $500-$699 would be more his range.

a lenovo yoga is a pretty good bet, ive been using one for a while and i gotta say loving the tablet mode with the stylus. its super useful http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/yoga-laptop-series/

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

This asus laptop has decent specs

13.3 inch anti  glare display

1600MHz Intel Core M 5Y10 Processor. Fan-less design

8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, 8-Hours Battery Life, HD Graphics 5300

All-aluminum ultra-slim Zenbook design weights only 2.6-lbs and is only 0.5-inch thin.

http://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX305FA-ASM1-13-3-Inch-Ultra-Slim-Aluminum/dp/B00SGS7ZH4/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429018107&sr=1-3&keywords=asus+laptop

Seems pricey, I was look at these and they look like a way better deal, what do you think? What does everyone think of Lenovo?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/g-series/g50-80/#tab-customize

I suggest you buy the laptop with the best graphics processor you can find. It's what I did, and it turned out to be the right choice.

Nevermind, I didn't notice it was only for work.

"Nope, said the engineer"

Seems pricey, I was look at these and they look like a way better deal, what do you think? What does everyone think of Lenovo?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/g-series/g50-80/#tab-customize

the reason i recommend the yoga because it has the ability to fold over and be used as a tablet 

EDIT:

That allows for a wider range of use. plus its built similar to a macbook which has a great design. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

the reason i recommend the yoga because it has the ability to fold over and be used as a tablet 

That is something really useful and neat, but he's an extremely humble guy who basically just doesn't feel the need to spend $2000 on a mac. The bells and whistles also aren't something he'll even care for. It's definitely build quality, and durability over over everything else, I think something with a small 128-256GB SSD will make him very happy to see his laptop turn on and off in seconds.

well there is a model that around 700 with a 256gb ssd thats the one i was talking about, i currently own that laptop and love it.