Reservoir leak - Primochill CTR Phase II

Hey all,

So I got a Primochill CTR Phase II Reservoir that comes with a Swiftech D5 Vario attached pump.

I started the whole process by watching the Primochill video online at youtube. When installing this, there was an installed o-ring at the base of the reservoir and an included SHIM that you are supposed to place atop the o-ring and then screw in your pump.  Sadly it is between this seam where the leak is occuring.  I have contacted Primochill and they suggest that the shim is most likely defective and they are sending me out 2 more. They also claim that this has only happened TWO times before and never has a person needed more than 2 shims.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this type of reservoir/pump combo as I haven't found much on the internet.  What was strange was that it worked for about 3 days with no issues before it started leaking.  Despite letting everything dry out over night when I put it back together it leaked even worse.

So are there any additional thoughts out there? What do you think if the new shims do not work as intended, what else could it be?

Thanks,

BT

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Things like that can happen, as long as nothing is damaged you are lucky ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Things like that can happen, as long as nothing is damaged you are lucky ^^

I was lucky that the leak was low in my system as I didn't catch it immediately, it was probably a 1/2 a day. It was also a small leak at first and so when it leaked it pooled by the area where I have my drain port and then went through the bottom of the case and never got to the PSU or any other electronics.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i