Rise of the Indie: Interview with Chris Roberts (Star Citizen creator)

That Norwegian Guy

For those that haven't heard; they're now shooting to fund all $22 million through crowdfunding, completely bypassing publishers and investors, and thus only answer to the fans. That makes it the first AAA crowdfunded title! Whooo!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Been a backer since the campaign was on Kickstarter. Game looks fantastic. I'm mostly looking forward to Squadron 42, which is the Single Player campaign for it, but I also can't wait to start exploring the galaxy after the campaign. The online aspects are very cool, but I also like that I can play "online" completely by myself and still have a great time.

What I'd like to see for online:

Player controllable Carrier/cruiser/battleship - Limit this to guild or group for balance reasons if they must, but if a guild owns a Carrier, then they should have to staff and man it as well. Have pilots, gunners, the captain/admiral, etc. Plus, have all your pilots onboard in FPS view in the barracks, able to wander the ship, visit the bridge, the flight briefing room, able to USE the flight briefing room for a guild meeting (Eg: about to raid an enemy guild store-house, plan the mission out in the briefing room with all pilots in attendance in character in FPS view), then when the time comes, run FPS style down to the hangars and get aboard your ship.

Imagine the kind of immersiveness this would add! Not sure if I would make this "mandatory", or have pilots able to "spawn" directly into the cockpit in the hanger as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)