Gaming rig in Fractal Design ARC!!

Odde

As the title says im about to build a computer in Fractal design arc.

Been asking around on this forum alot for overkill cases and such but got some problems which ment i wont have the money i thought i would so now im going with the cheaper option in order to get a 2nd computer. (parents divorsed)

So the components in this case are:

Chassi: Fractal design arc

Motherboard: AsRock z77 extreme4

Processor: Intel core i5-2500k

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 670 2GB

SSD: Intel 330 60GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

CPU Cooler: Not Sure.

RAM: Corsair CL9 1600Mhz 16GB Vengeance

PSU: Fractal design integra r2 750W

Windows 7 OEM

As for the cpu cooler I havent decided yet due to the reason that i do not know which cooler to choose, dont know if its worth to get like an h80 or something cause i will probably use this computer for 7-8 months (will complete school and start work as a electrician in july) so i will start making money so i will probably make a more overkill computer within a year again.

So tips on a decent not too expensive CPU cooler, i wont be overclocking alot.

P.S, I wont be getting any other GPU i want the 670 because i want to try the Nvidia graphics card, have only owned a hd6870 before.

Have a good one!

// Odde

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

That mobo's vrm is bad and wont let you push that cpu past 4.6 without alot of volts now if you don't want to go past 4.6-4.7 i suggest you going with that board if you want to reach those awesome 5 ghz i would suggest a better board something like the extreme 6 or the ud5. For a cpu cooler get a hyper 212+ you will reach your chips max before you reach your thermal max lol. Also i know you said you where adamant about that 670 but i would recommend going for a 660 or a 660ti some thing not as expensive if you are just going to upgrade 6-7 months later. 750 watt psu is over kill get a good 500 watt psu and funnel the rest of the money into a ssd 60 gigs will last you a day lol

That mobo's vrm is bad and wont let you push that cpu past 4.6 without alot of volts now if you don't want to go past 4.6-4.7 i suggest you going with that board if you want to reach those awesome 5 ghz i would suggest a better board something like the extreme 6 or the ud5. For a cpu cooler get a hyper 212+ you will reach your chips max before you reach your thermal max lol. Also i know you said you where adamant about that 670 but i would recommend going for a 660 or a 660ti some thing not as expensive if you are just going to upgrade 6-7 months later. 750 watt psu is over kill get a good 500 watt psu and funnel the rest of the money into a ssd 60 gigs will last you a day lol

Thanks for your answer, however i dont intent to reach insane overclock speeds with this machine i just want something for the moment also because i want 2 computers, one at my mothers place and one at my dads. i will look into the 660 card, you think the hyper 212 is enough for a 3570k which i saw is 10$ expensiver so i'll probably get that one.

Thanks for your answer much appreciated=)

Case: Fractal Design Arc V2, CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz, COOLER: Noctua Nh-D14, GPU: Sapphire Radeon Hd7970 Vapor-X 3GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 16GB,

PSU: Fractal Design Newton R3 800W Plantinum, SSD: Samsung Basic 840- 120GB, HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Fans: 3x Fractal r2 Silent series 140mm, 2x Corsair AF 140mm.

You should really get a 3570k.

i will now is 10$ expensiver in the store im buying from i just wasnt sure that it'd fit the z77 the ivy brigde processors confuses me somehow :P