Help on Choosing a Camera

Hi, so I really want to get a camera, but I don't know much about their properties, as in I don't know much about cameras. I really want a camera that can shoot great photos that I can share with my friends on Social Media while also having the capability to film great quality videos, and maybe connect my Blue Yeti to it so record audio. I've been really looking into the Canon EOS Rebel T5i, but having almost no knowledge of functioning a DSLR, I decided to look into something similar yet having amazing quality, such as the Sony DSC-RX100M III. I like the RX100M III, because it's portable, seems easy to use, and has amazing features. However, looking at my $100-$200 budget right now, I sadly can't get it. Is there any cameras you guys can recommend that will suit my needs without breaking the bank? Either DSLR or digital is fine, except I would have to spend some time learning about DSLR.

EDIT:

Features I'm looking for:

-Great Image Quality

-Great Videos

-Will start up fast and easy to run

-Possibly be able to have a mic connected to record audio

-Have a viewfinder and LCD screen

-Optional Flash

-DSLR or Digital Camera

-$100-$300 Budget

-If possible, maybe have a sale where it includes a bundle with different accessories

(IE.http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-T5i-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B00COR4Q2K/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1427587156&sr=1-3&keywords=canon+eos+rebel+t5i)

would a used camera be fine? $200 isn't that great for a new camera imo.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

would a used camera be fine? $200 isn't that great for a new camera imo.

I prefer a new one. I've seen a lot of cameras for $100-$200, and they seem nice, except I don't know much to differentiate haha. All up to you guys~!

I prefer a new one. I've seen a lot of cameras for $100-$200, and they seem nice, except I don't know much to differentiate haha. All up to you guys~!

I think that a simple point and shoot camera would be the best in that price range. Maybe even a camcorder.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I think that a simple point and shoot camera would be the best in that price range

Pretty much that. I would avoid a camera with integrated wifi. The implementation is often pretty bad.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Pretty much that. I would avoid a camera with integrated wifi. The implementation is often pretty bad.

Wifi is a nice option, atleast on my Panasoic G6. The App works great. I don't know how good it is on other cameras.

Wifi is a nice option, atleast on my Panasoic G6. The App works great. I don't know how good it is on other cameras.

So with these specifications, what camera should I get?

I've got a Panasonic SZ9. Its wifi is limited to taking photos and looking at them. That's it.

So with these specifications, what camera should I get?

Most of the point and shoot cameras in that price range are alright, but I just saw that you raised your budget to 300$, which brings you in range of compact system cameras, like the Sony alpha 5000

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I've got a Panasonic SZ9. Its wifi is limited to taking photos and looking at them. That's it.

Most of the point and shoot cameras in that price range are alright, but I just saw that you raised your budget to 300$, which brings you in range of compact system cameras, like the Sony alpha 5000

Well, I don't have the budget, but am trying to expand. $300 may be the tops I can go. So what's the different between a point and shoot and a compact system camera? What is the quality on the Sony Alpha 5000 like? 

Well, I don't have the budget, but am trying to expand. $300 may be the tops I can go. So what's the different between a point and shoot and a compact system camera? What is the quality on the Sony Alpha 5000 like?

The compact system (alpha 5000) is a mirrorless interchangeable camera, meaning you can change the lens also usually will have a larger sensor( better quality, better lowlight), unfortunately I don't think your chances of finding the particular camera in your budget will be anywhere easy. a point and shoot has smaller sensors usually, can't change lens, and lens are usually a smaller aperture, meaning it brings in less light.

The compact system (alpha 5000) is a mirrorless interchangeable camera, meaning you can change the lens also usually will have a larger sensor( better quality, better lowlight), unfortunately I don't think your chances of finding the particular camera in your budget will be anywhere easy. a point and shoot has smaller sensors usually, can't change lens, and lens are usually a smaller aperture, meaning it brings in less light.

Well, then isn't the Sony RX100M III point and shoot? If so, what camera is most similar to that at a $100-$300 price range?

Well, then isn't the Sony RX100M III point and shoot? If so, what camera is most similar to that at a $100-$300 price range?

yes the sony rx100 series is a enthusiast point and shoot, a similar camera is the Olympus xz2, but theres a few things that is disadvantage of this camera, one the sensor is a bit smaller, 2 olympus is known to rip you off on accessories, they give you a really lame lens cap on this camera, and to buy the better one costs you around $50USD in canada, but if you are in USA you can find its for around $20-25.

yes the sony rx100 series is a enthusiast point and shoot, a similar camera is the Olympus xz2, but theres a few things that is disadvantage of this camera, one the sensor is a bit smaller, 2 olympus is known to rip you off on accessories, they give you a really lame lens cap on this camera, and to buy the better one costs you around $50USD in canada, but if you are in USA you can find its for around $20-25.

Sony rx100 seems good, but it is also a little bit expensive. :huh: