Do I get the Acer Predator XB270HU?

Hey everyone,

So at the moment I have a 60hz monitor, really bad colouring all washed out. And obviously, wanting an upgrade. I am looking for a monitor, that won't get screen-tearing (so will have G-Sync), has 144hz for CSGO. Has awesome colouring in the screen and looks how it should.

So I saw the monitor, after Linus' video and thought this was perfect? Apart from the fact there is no ULMB with the G-Sync (although I have been informed it doesn't really do anything so i would guess they've just added this to be on an equal level of tech with BEN-Q).

I then thought to myself, is this the perfect monitor, can it get much better? Obviously it probably can, but I would like to know what about monitors will be made better in the future, or do I just go for this monitor now? 

I also have a NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti Boost which I know isn't very good, so could I be informed what will future monitors have, therefore do I get this one now as it will last? And what new GPU should I be getting?

AM I correct in saying the colouring is really good on this monitor? I don't really understand how the colouring works, with different panels and different bits. But It seems like this is as good as it gets for these days - but what about the future can anyone tell me when this monitor will be outdated??

Many thanks!

Oli

Most major improvement, if you can call it that, will be these type of panels with a 4k resolution. Acer and Asus have a few down the pipeline I believe. Other than that there isn't much on the horizon. Perhaps a few MS off in response times. In my humble opinion this is the greatest break-through in monitor technology in a long long time, certainly the most anticipated one. 

I was heavily considering the ROG Swift for the longest time but I've decided to hold off for the Acer so I get the better colour reproduction. I thought I could live with the lesser colour reproduction of the Swift but coming from a Dell u2711 has me spoiled for quality. I just hope it doesn't cost much more than the Swift - a Swift in Australia is $1000+ aud!

The RRP's for these two monitors are basically the same. Although Swifts can be had for around 500 euro on the bay and such, still a silly purchase when you can get into that glorious IPS master race. 

The RRP's for these two monitors are basically the same. Although Swifts can be had for around 500 euro on the bay and such, still a silly purchase when you can get into that glorious IPS master race. 

so this doesn't have IPS? Any monitors better than this that you know that has G-Sync, 144hz, and great colouring?

It depends on you taste and budget. Acer is also coming out with a 3440x1440p ultrawide monitor with GSYNC. I really enjoy gaming in ultrawide and personally I am very exited to see it with GSYNC.

• 1 month later...

I would't attach much value to gsync/freesync for 144hz .

I would wait for the asus mg279q but it depends your budget .

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

I have had 4 RMA of the acer.. all had extreme back light leak and dead pixels.

It depends on you taste and budget. Acer is also coming out with a 3440x1440p ultrawide monitor with GSYNC. I really enjoy gaming in ultrawide and personally I am very exited to see it with GSYNC.

what monitor is this?

if its the http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync.html

then yeah it does look nice haha

Shames its a IPS tho... rahter have a TN with quicker response time

but the price for that monitor.. damn..