Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro

ebobde

So i have that as my main OS (apparently Microsoft thinks physics students could use it IDK) people online are saying this isnt legit and i shouldn't do it but ive found that it runs fine play store is fine to me it seems identical to normal windows 8.1 games work smooth if not smoother, apart from the obvious 'its supposed to be on an ATM not you gaming pc' why shouldn't I use it? furthering this, would i be eligible for the win10 upgrade or?

NB the app store, though I will never use it, works.

post-185550-0-04557900-1428265522_thumb.

Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it. ~ Feynman 

It's essentially the same as the non-embedded version, but with a bunch of junk thrown in that makes it more.. technical? Like, you can tell it that certain USB ports can only accept a keyboard or mouse, for example. You're probably fine using it, even if it isn't technically for its intended purpose. Unlike Windows 7 embedded, which I believe was limited, Windows 8 embedded is not. 

It's essentially the same as the non-embedded version, but with a bunch of junk thrown in that makes it more.. technical? Like, you can tell it that certain USB ports can only accept a keyboard or mouse, for example. You're probably fine using it, even if it isn't technically for its intended purpose. Unlike Windows 7 embedded, which I believe was limited, Windows 8 embedded is not. 

yes thats what most people say about windows 7 being limited, assuming the windows 8 one is too, ive heard that the windows 89 one doesn't let you install windows essentials or whatever its called (the one with movie p[layer and that in it) but it tried to make me download it before (i didnt because i dont use it) so i don't know about that, thanks though :)

Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it. ~ Feynman 

The only limitation that I know about is that you can't install Windows Media Center. 

The only limitation that I know about is that you can't install Windows Media Center. 

yep thats what people have said but it was trying to get me to install it a few days ago soo...