Okay guys please help me out here?

I'm converting to ze master race ;)

I have a build and stuff going big for my first gaming PC.

CPU - I5 4690k

CPU cooler - Corsair H80i

GPU - r9 290x/GTX 970

Mobo - Z97/Asus H97/Gigabyte GA Z97MX

RAM - 8gb ballistix sport

Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Power supply - Corsair 600W

Please tell me what motherboard would be most suitable and if that CPU cooler is okay as I don't want my PC to blow or fuck up when I use it or within the first years of having it...I just want to get this right so any advice I would greatly appreciate :)

Also do tell me whether a GTX 970 would be better than the r9 290x, if so then what brand or manufacturer?

Peace

Do you need the pc now, live near a micro center?

Rest in Pepperoni

CPU - I5 4690k

GPU - r9 290x/GTX 970

Please tell me what motherboard would be most suitable and if that CPU cooler is okay as I don't want my PC to blow or fuck up when I use it or within the first years of having it...I just want to get this right so any advice I would greatly appreciate :)

Also do tell me whether a GTX 970 would be better than the r9 290x, if so then what brand or manufacturer?

Peace

what is your total budget and what parts you already have?

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

Don't get a H97 chipset board if you plan to overclock.

I haven't looked at benchmarks between the 970 and 290x but I'd rather an MSI 970. It will easily handle 1080p.

Also what case? I'd recommend the NZXT S340 but it's personal preference.

Tillie - The Little Engine That Could

Gigabyte H97-Gaming 3 || Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit || i5 4690 || MSI GTX960 2GB || Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB || Samsung 850EVO 120GB

WD Black 1TB HDD || Cooler Master VSM 650 || Razer Black Widow Ultimate || Razer Deathadder || Razer Kraken Pro || NZXT Source 340/ White & X61

I would recommend the R9 290x over the GTX 970, It has 4gb of full-speed Vram.
But Both the R9 290x and GTX 970 are Amazing GPU's.

The brand doesnt matter, Just get one that is the cheapest, Fits the colour scheme and is from a reputable brand.

If you are just now moving towards PC gaming id recommend you to use a tower cooler instead of water, It is more reliable and doesnt require as much maintenance.

Be Quiet and Noctua makes the best ones according to most people.

You could also wait with getting a aftermarket cooler, You wont have to worry about overheating with a Intel CPU with stock cooling.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Okay thanks guys I think I'll go with the 970. Case im not sure I'd quite like a red theme with my PC or black and red? I'll get a tower cooler not liquid cooler then?

My budget is about £1000 things are fairly expensive in the UK I also need things like keyboard mouse, monitor etc. I'm getting money for my 18th and I want a gaming PC also to use it for basic browsing and work like typing essays and stuff

I don't have any parts...anything!

I have no parts at all guys sorry here's my final parts list what do you think?

Any help is appreciated

Do you need the pc now, live near a micro center?

Don't get a H97 chipset board if you plan to overclock.

I haven't looked at benchmarks between the 970 and 290x but I'd rather an MSI 970. It will easily handle 1080p.

Also what case? I'd recommend the NZXT S340 but it's personal preference.

I would recommend the R9 290x over the GTX 970, It has 4gb of full-speed Vram.

But Both the R9 290x and GTX 970 are Amazing GPU's.

The brand doesnt matter, Just get one that is the cheapest, Fits the colour scheme and is from a reputable brand.

If you are just now moving towards PC gaming id recommend you to use a tower cooler instead of water, It is more reliable and doesnt require as much maintenance.

Be Quiet and Noctua makes the best ones according to most people.

You could also wait with getting a aftermarket cooler, You wont have to worry about overheating with a Intel CPU with stock cooling.

Budget? What parts do you already have? Is it just for gaming?

Thanks for the replies very helpful forum here's my final parts list maybe this is more helpful and specific

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Pxcppg

I have no parts at all guys sorry here's my final parts list what do you think?

Any help is appreciated      

Thanks for the replies very helpful forum here's my final parts list maybe this is more helpful and specific

Looks good, It will handle pretty much anything you could throw at it,

I would recommend the 212 EVO, But it doesnt fit.

The T4 is also better, But it is on the edge, It is 152.3mm high

The SPEC fit a cooler up to 157mm.

The TX3 is probably the safest choice since it is 139mm high, And you should be able to do some overclocking on it if you want to down the road.

EDIT: Found a Artic Freezer 7 pro for 20 bucks, It is more along the lines of a T4 and 212 EVO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G392ZI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2T6N244WTLWGU

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

The TX3 is probably the safest choice since it is 139mm high, And you should be able to do some overclocking on it if you want to down the road.

Any further suggestions are appreciated

TX3 can't handle 4690K well. i'd used it and on stock it went 80+ many time on gaming . so i don't recommend Tx3

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

TX3 can't handle 4690K well. i'd used it and on stock it went 80+ many time on gaming . so i don't recommend Tx3

I doubt you put on the thermal paste correctly, Not even the stock cooler gets That hot.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I'll suggest going with this for few more but better for future . http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Lz6HK8

CPU - I5 4690k
GPU - r9 290x/GTX 970

Peace

I doubt you put on the thermal paste correctly, Not even the stock cooler gets That hot.

I'll suggest going with this for few more but better for future . http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Lz6HK8

This, You wont get much better performance and overclocking potential than that.

But you should change the RAM for one that operates at a maximum of 1.5 or 1.575 volts The Haswell refresh CPU's isnt recommended to use any higher.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

This, You wont get much better performance and overclocking potential than that.

But you should change the RAM for one that operates at a maximum of 1.5 or 1.575 volts The Haswell refresh CPU's isnt recommended to use any higher.

i'm using vengeance 1600 on 2133 at 1.67v with i74790K . its just what company is saying ....it will run and run better . don't worry'.

i'm using vengeance 1600 on 2133 at 1.67v with i74790K . its just what company is saying ....it will run and run better . don't worry'.

So forcing a CPU to do something it isnt officially supported is a Perfectly safe idea for someone who are just getting into PC gaming?

For a more advanced user id say Go for it, But not in this scenario.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

So forcing a CPU to do something it isnt officially supported is a Perfectly safe idea for someone who are just getting into PC gaming?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/kmx399lets just go with this then ...:)

EDIT: Found a Artic Freezer 7 pro for 20 bucks, It is more along the lines of a T4 and 212 EVO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G392ZI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2T6N244WTLWGU

Awesome thanks for your help I assumed a good cooler was very important and i wasn't sure what is best

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/kmx399lets just go with this then ...:)

Yes I wish to overlook probably just in future but I have a friend who will help me build it etc so I'm not all alone.

Still im not sure what you're suggesting I change on the building? Which cooler is best suited?

Yes I wish to overlook probably just in future but I have a friend who will help me build it etc so I'm not all alone.

Still im not sure what you're suggesting I change on the building? Which cooler is best suited?

The TX3 or the Artic Freezer

ARTIC Freezer 7 Pro: Linus old school video when he unboxes it back in 2009, It has better thermals than the TX3, It has a official capacity of 150 watts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAL-T9u3bmc

And here is the TX3, It has a official capacity of 135 watts

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer