Windows themes help please?

Guest Console Peasant

I'm not into custom themes that aren't faithful to the default W7 theme and that edit windows files to edit the themes (because they end up changing the positions of buttons and stuff, and I haven't found one that doesn't, and looks how I want it to aswell)

Anyway because of this I use the default theme and i'm trying to use windows fixes to make it look how I want to,

The first theme I had was a fully black theme, which I like for my desktop because it is black themed as well, however my laptop I want a white theme instead.

For the black theme, I changed in regedit the color code to full black, and glass intensity to 0, and the theme worked well, no stupid glass effects, nice clean black.

However for white, I do the same thing, first off the white in windows is not true white, I had to change that, also glass intensity you can't see that well but I still removed it because it sucks.

The white theme nearly looks well, however the black shaded parts really annoy me (especially in the start menu), you probably don't know what I mean, so I'll screenshot it.

XC7YH8d.png

I want it all GONE!!!

I looked everywhere in regedit and Google, there's no fix for this, let alone I can hardly explain it. Someone who is wise please help me, I can't get a nice theme until Windows 10 until I fix this issue.

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

I don't want to run 3rd party software unfortunately, I want to be able to make a good theme without it, which I nearly have

Edit: theres alot of software there, maybe one of them just edits windows, who knows..

none of them offer a solution to my problem... either

Okay, if I find something better you will hear from me :P

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

It sounds like what you want is Windows 8. No glass. 

Or, don't use an aero theme?

It sounds like what you want is Windows 8. No glass. 

Or, don't use an aero theme?

You mean the oldschool ones, well for them I don't really like the animations, but the look of the windows is also pretty stupid.

You mean the oldschool ones, well for them I don't really like the animations, but the look of the windows is also pretty stupid.

I meant Basic, but you might already have that on.