new gaming/folding build

ray_p1

hey guys im am building a new gaming/folding rig. Here is what i have planned out so far any suggestions are welcome.

cpu core i7 3770k

motherboard MSI z77a-G45

ram Corsair XMS3 16gb

Hard drive OCZ Vector 128GB

PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2

Gpu geforce 660ti Asus or Evga not sure yet.

As for the case and dvd drive i will be using the one i am using now.

as for the cpu cooler not sure if i should get a Corsair h80i or just add another fan to my cooler master 212+ dont know if the cooler temps are worth the extra $100.

so if you guys see any changes i should make let me know.

Looks good. If folding on the GPU I would recommend the h80i - with some good fans - you can profile the fans to run a bit higher and get some decent cooling...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I would be dropping the 3770K to a 3570K and using the money saved to move to a 670 or 680. You won't notice the lack of hyperthreading for gaming but you willl notice the increase in frames for gaming.

Another alternative to the H80i is the Noctua D14 air cooler - beats the H80i in tests on Linus' bench.

I would be dropping the 3770K to a 3570K and using the money saved to move to a 670 or 680. You won't notice the lack of hyperthreading for gaming but you willl notice the increase in frames for gaming.

Another alternative to the H80i is the Noctua D14 air cooler - beats the H80i in tests on Linus' bench.

This is a good suggestion!

Although it depends on how much you want to fold. If you want to be a casual folder, I'd go with the 3570K. I think you'd be more satisfied while gaming if you dropped to a 3570K and upgraded you graphics card. If you're worried about PPD while folding, I think the upgraded GPU will make up for the downgraded CPU in points.