STEP in Blender.

Zambonie

So I'm a 3D modeling newb, and I'm learning slowly on how to, and I'm currently using Blender as my CAD software, as I am a lot more familiar with it then others, and its just 'feels nice'. So I got some 3D models of a Asus Maximus Impact MITX board just to play around with, and its really nice looking. Only thing is its a STEP file, in which Blender seems to not like. Anyone possibly know any good plugins to allow STEP files into blender - or just any other method to getting STP into blender?

Thanks.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Oh gawd what happened

e55524f611.jpg

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

why not use autodesk inventor? its free for students

only cad format i found to import into blender was .dwg and .stl

why not use autodesk inventor? its free for students

only cad format i found to import into blender was .dwg and .stl

Mind linking me to it? I found the page but not the page where I can get it for free as a student - unless its something in the free trial or something.

And by saying 'student', you probably mean I have to have a student email - which I don't think middle schoolers have :P

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Mind linking me to it? I found the page but not the page where I can get it for free as a student - unless its something in the free trial or something.

And by saying 'student', you probably mean I have to have a student email - which I don't think middle schoolers have :P

no you create a autodesk account and say your a student, enter your sechool or any school

it asks like 

student

professors

something else

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-professional

its a 3 year key

but next year comes 2016 and it gets its own 3 year key soo...lol

no you create a autodesk account and say your a student, enter your sechool or any school

it asks like 

student

professors

something else

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-professional

its a 3 year key

but next year comes 2016 and it gets its own 3 year key soo...lol

Alright thanks. I got the 2015 Win64 3 year key, wow that will last some time lol

Now.. tell me how long with this take to download

...on a 0.2MBPS connection..

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Alright thanks. I got the 2015 Win64 3 year key, wow that will last some time lol

Now.. tell me how long with this take to download

...on a 0.2MBPS connection..

dafug that connection though

...it tells you how long when you install......

a long ass time run it over night idunno what the compressed size is, any from 3-7gigs i think.

so...a few days? OHH .2 MBPS or .2mbps?

yea just run it over night, and it should be done in monring

the thing is it downlods and llinstalls each part in order. so it does both at the same time

dafug that connection though

...it tells you how long when you install......

a long ass time run it over night idunno what the compressed size is, any from 3-7gigs i think.

so...a few days? OHH .2 MBPS or .2mbps?

0.2 megabytes per second :P

AT&T, and its litteraly the only thing I have in my community, not one thing else except this one ISP which is charging like $120 per month for their lowest plan..

I'm supposed to be getting 3MBPS (the highest they give out for like $30 per month) but.. well Im usually getting 0.2 as you see :P

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

0.2 megabytes per second :P

AT&T, and its litteraly the only thing I have in my community, not one thing else except this one ISP which is charging like $120 per month for their lowest plan..

I'm supposed to be getting 3MBPS (the highest they give out for like $30 per month) but.. well Im usually getting 0.2 as you see :P

1.6mbps is not terrible i used to be on it, at 20mbps now (2MBps)

so yea just run over night

1.6mbps is not terrible i used to be on it, at 20mbps now (2MBps)

so yea just run over night

Sure, if this wouldn't stop popping up :S

fc21fd49ed.jpg

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Sure, if this wouldn't stop popping up :S

fc21fd49ed.jpg

try in browser download

if that fails torrent the installer and use your key that they emailed to you

http://kickass.to/autodesk-inventor-pro-2015-x64-t9020632.html#comment

i don't think this comes with a crack anyway, but if it does dont' use it. just use your key, its what i did because torrent>browser download