Backing up games

ACoffeeGuy

I now realize that my Steam Library is in a state that is too large for all of them to be on my SSD and am looking for a better way to store my games.

How do you guys store your games?

Kill the Machine!

The ones I am playing are on my SSDs the others are on mechanical drives.

Steam supports multiple drives and the saves are always stored in the same spot so there is nothing to worry about.

Simple migrate the unused games over assuming you have space for them elsewhere.

I run a hard disk drive in my PC and store games on there, with my OS on my Solid State Drive.

This topic is more suited in Storage solutions in my opinion, but isn't entirely out of place.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I now realize that my Steam Library is in a state that is too large for all of them to be on my SSD and am looking for a better way to store my games.

How do you guys store your games?

As zlolslavez said one a secondary HDD, with my downloads folders, and other large folders such as media, photos, documents and etc.

I have heard of others storing their games on and external USB 3.0 drive so they can bring their entire library with them anywhere they go or between their systems easily without having to re-download and install everything.

This is my specialty. I have most of my games on my HDD RAID 0 and my best games on my SSD RAID 0. I wish steam would make it drag and drop to repopulate your library. I found a slight trick where I can re associate my HDD games to my steam when I reinstall my OS. I have over 150 games and most are on my HDD. I usually have to re download my SSD games. Origin is easier when you reinstall your OS. My opinion is to have your OS on a dedicated drive and your Steam games on a separate drive. Your Steam games would remain relatively untouched.