D600 Oil/Dust Issue

d3sl91

Hey All,

I just got my tax refund, and am contemplating getting a D600 from BH photo. They go for ~900 for the body, and I can get the 24-85mm lens + body for $1200 ish. 

I already have a 35mm prime, (DX unfortunately, but, I can still use that until i pick up a 50MM prime, since thats what i'd want anyway now that i'd be full-frame.)

Now here's the issue. The D600 are well known for their oil-on-sensor issue. Nikon is servicing (and sometimes replacing with a 610) for FREE, 600's that are sent in for repair. 

Has anyone done this successfully with a unit they purchased used, even though this is a used unit from BHphoto? 

Thanks,

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I would trust Nikon, their customer support is great.  If the body is used it may have already been repaired, and if not contact B&H about the warranty.

sold

Hey All,

I just got my tax refund, and am contemplating getting a D600 from BH photo. They go for ~900 for the body, and I can get the 24-85mm lens + body for $1200 ish. 

I already have a 35mm prime, (DX unfortunately, but, I can still use that until i pick up a 50MM prime, since thats what i'd want anyway now that i'd be full-frame.)

Now here's the issue. The D600 are well known for their oil-on-sensor issue. Nikon is servicing (and sometimes replacing with a 610) for FREE, 600's that are sent in for repair. 

Has anyone done this successfully with a unit they purchased used, even though this is a used unit from BHphoto? 

Thanks,

If it's getting sold via BHPHOTO, they prob already got it serviced

I would trust Nikon, their customer support is great.  If the body is used it may have already been repaired, and if not contact B&H about the warranty.

If it's getting sold via BHPHOTO, they prob already got it serviced

My opinion is Nikon which is really good.

Yeah, I trust both Nikon and BHphoto, good to know BH may have already had it serviced. 

I will just check with them if I do end up wanting a used unit. See if they will disclose the service history on the various units they have. Apparently, after the 3rd time getting repaired, you should have the option to get a D610 as a replacement:

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/01/how-to-replace-your-nikon-d600-camera-with-a-d610.aspx/

Of course, I am about to go from Crop to Full, so I could always get canon too :P

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

If you only got one crop lens then yes you can change to canon. I would just stay nikon