Logitech MX518 problem

cmb6062

So for a while now my MX518 stops working and gets backup after like 1-2sec, but the sensitivity is getting lower, i turn it up again and after a while the mouse stops and sensitivity goes high as fuck. the optic light turn off and back up. Sometimes the mouse stops COMPLETELY but the optic light is still on.

Problem that may have caused it, but im not sure:

- Managed to plug a USB wrong way in twice, blue screen and shit, but that is a long time ago

How the problem starts:

- Mouse stops 1-2sec I try to turn the sensitivity up, then after a little bit the mouse stops and gets back up with a higher sensitivity and i have to turn it down again.

- happens most often in a games.

Any tips on how i can fix it without buying a new one? :/

I had the same mouse(gave it to my father now) and it still works after about 6 years. I never had a single problem with it to this day :)

But to answer your question...try reinstalling the logitech drivers(Logitech Gaming software), unistall, restart PC and reinstall them.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

if the cable is broke u get similar matters, i experienced it myself, the warranty was void so i desoldered the cable, took a piece out and resoldered the new ends, runs for a good 4 years again, before about 6, my 518 is about 10yo, just sad it wont be enaught for 4k resolution.

the cable most likely broke near to the mouse.

btw.,  r u getting the usb detatch sound?

if the cable is broke u get similar matters, i experienced it myself, the warranty was void so i desoldered the cable, took a piece out and resoldered the new ends, runs for a good 4 years again, before about 6, my 518 is about 10yo, just sad it wont be enaught for 4k resolution.

the cable most likely broke near to the mouse.

btw.,  r u getting the usb detatch sound?

nope

think it must not necesarily do the sound if something is broken, i still advise u to check the cable. open the mouse and try to measure from usb to the internal board. try to bend the cable and measure again. build a test device from a battery and a little light bulp.