Laptop Noise

Go to solution Solved by steffen_anywhere,

why not both lol

Heat.

More processing power comes with...well...more power (energy dissipation rate). All electrical energy used by a processor goes to heat in the end. Processors have become very efficient, but the laws of physics have not changed.

Completely quiet during normal tasks and bearable during heavy load exists. But fanless machines are very low power. This doesn't mean that they're slow. The new MacBook performs satisfactorily and is perfect for light and medium workloads. It's however, not comparable to a mobile quadcore Core i7 in performance.

Looking for laptops that don't have fans but use battery entirely, does anyone know of some? 

Looking for laptops that don't have fans but use battery entirely, does anyone know of some? 

The new MacBook 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

The new MacBook 

lol nty but like do all laptops that have fans have the issue of noise? 

To get a quiet machine, you don't have to go fanless. Is there a specific reason for wanting passive cooling?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well, it depends. Most laptops have fans and when you start doing more, it's gonna heat up.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

All laptops have fans (except for the few ultra low power ones...). Fan noise is usually not an issue. Under high load, most laptops are rather loud tho...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

To get a quiet machine, you don't have to go fanless. Is there a specific reason for wanting passive cooling?

I was thinking about getting something without fans so I don't have to hear my computer scream at me for doing intense tasks - that kind of stuff 

lenovo X1 Carbon ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I was thinking about getting something without fans so I don't have to hear my computer scream at me for doing intense tasks - that kind of stuff 

Well look, you can have a completely quiet laptop but it'll be slow or at least slower than one with active cooling due to lower TDP components. You need to dissipate the heat from CPU and GPU. So what do you want? Quiet or fast...?

lenovo X1 Carbon ?

Nope, that has a fan

Well look, you can have a completely quiet laptop but it'll be slow or at least slower than one with active cooling due to lower TDP components. You need to dissipate the heat from CPU and GPU. So what do you want? Quiet or fast...?

why not both lol

why not both lol

Heat.

More processing power comes with...well...more power (energy dissipation rate). All electrical energy used by a processor goes to heat in the end. Processors have become very efficient, but the laws of physics have not changed.

Completely quiet during normal tasks and bearable during heavy load exists. But fanless machines are very low power. This doesn't mean that they're slow. The new MacBook performs satisfactorily and is perfect for light and medium workloads. It's however, not comparable to a mobile quadcore Core i7 in performance.