Memory Q code 55 error

Go to solution Solved by Skander1345,

Yes same issue with a new set.

I'm 100% positive they're all the way in, if I switch them to the alternate slots (B1 and B2) I get a A2 error code (IDE detect), but I know those aren't recommended for only two sticks.

As far as I can tell they weren't put in too forcefully, just enough to get a click on both sides

If the other slots work that makes me willing to confirm that the other dimms are now damaged/obstructed somehow.

Just put my first build together today and I had a successful test boot outside of the case but noticed the start up was only recognizing half of (8gb) of the memory, so I switched them around and made sure they were really seated correctly. I assembled the rest inside the case and everything appeared to be working correctly but it was not booting. Took the RAM out and re installed and I'm now getting a 55 on the Q code. I've tried everything, switching the configuration, resetting the BIOS, booting with one stick of RAM and it's still stuck on that 55. I even tried different RAM (brand new) in it and it's still staying no memory. Is it possible for the DIMM slots to break or something? Running out of ideas here and I've googled everything.

Its an ASUS Maximus VII Hero MoBo
Intel i5 4690 processor
Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb (2 8's) 1866mhz RAM
EVGA GeFORCE 970 gtx Video Card
Corsair 850w power supply gold rated

You tried another set and same issue?

Might have damaged the actual dimm slots. Did you insert them forcefully? Incorrectly?

Have you tried the other 2 dimm slots? 

Are you positive you're inserting the RAM fully?

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

I'm 100% positive they're all the way in, if I switch them to the alternate slots (B1 and B2) I get a A2 error code (IDE detect), but I know those aren't recommended for only two sticks.

As far as I can tell they weren't put in too forcefully, just enough to get a click on both sides

If the other slots work that makes me willing to confirm that the other dimms are now damaged/obstructed somehow.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

That's what I was hoping it wasn't. Well, time for a new Mobo

That's what I was hoping it wasn't. Well, time for a new Mobo

Not worth it, just use the other dimms. The difference in performance will be practically insignificant and only affects extreme memory overclocks.