D4 Error Code

Hey guy i recently upgraded to windows 8 and when i boot up mu pc i get a D4 error code on the debug leds My system  specs are ga-z77-ud3h  i5 3570k 4gb ram 1600 v200 ssd and an hd 7870xt i have no overclocks and i didn't have this problem with windows 7 I have no sability issues but still waht dose D4 means and should i be woriried about it ? O yea and a nother thing when i restart the error code dissapires.

D4 means "PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources". I would try resetting the CMOS to see if it fixes it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

No reseting the CMOS didnt helped

I would try one stick of ram because people reported this is due to the ram. Does it post though? If it does, I wouldn't worry about this error imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yes it dose post and it works perfectly but what dose this error mena that my pci slot dosnet works?

Check with the other sticks of RAM one by one, until you find that it doesn't work correctly. That will tell you what RAM stick is faulty.

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

Wow you where right it is a faulty ram stick  thanks for the help and btw linustechtisp forum is the best

Greetings im having the same problem, i builded a pc with gigabyte z77x-ud5h and is anoying that everytime i turn on the pc i see the "D4" code and i have no idea whats the problem, the pc is runin fine, no perfomance problems, no freeze problems, i play everygame without any problems, i tried to remove battery for 30 min, desconnect and reconnect every single poece of component, tried with one module and outside the pc case and still the same problem the funny thing is that i returned the motherboard and replace it for the same one and still having the ptoblem, and yes i tried with different video card and different ram and still but just for the led inknow the d4 error exist, if not i dont even know that i have this error please help!!!!

Pc spec:

Ssd samsung 840 256

Wd 1tb

Gtx 680

Corsair vengance 1600

Corsair h100i

Z77x-ud5h

Lg bd

Lg dvd

Psu corsair 850w

W8 pro

Wow you where right it is a faulty ram stick  thanks for the help and btw linustechtisp forum is the best

how did you fixed it? i have the same issue and i tried with every ram stick and still and i dont think all the ram sticks are bad.....

• 4 years later...

hey im having the same problem but i got my computer working by unplugging my 96 6 pin power connector from my power supply then ill power it up then it will run. then plug it back in then it will work as normal idk why its doing it. could it be my pci slot or is it the ram I have no clue what I need to replace or fix