Can I download stock android?

RubenTheHuben

Hello Community,

is there a way i can download Stock pure android besides having to flash cyanogen mod and other roms?

I found out that android is open source.

But I can't find any place to download it. Is it even possible? 

Over at XDA Developers. Search up your phone and there's a forum with a few people doing AOSP roms from google's source code.

Cyanogen is prolly one of the better AOSP roms I've seen but you can try out different ones on XDA. It's the art of flashing. :D

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Oh okay I will. And by the way i allready flashed cm11 on my phone :D

So

Over at XDA Developers. Search up your phone and there's a forum with a few people doing AOSP roms from google's source code.

Cyanogen is prolly one of the better AOSP roms I've seen but you can try out different ones on XDA. It's the art of flashing. :D

So there is no way I can just download it??

So

The problem is that there is no "stock Android" that will actually run on every device. You need a ROM that has been modified to run with your hardware, so your camera works, so your buttons work, so your cellular antenna works, etc.

Cyanogen is the way to go, in my opinion.

The problem is that there is no "stock Android" that will actually run on every device. You need a ROM that has been modified to run with your hardware, so your camera works, so your buttons work, so your cellular antenna works, etc.

Cyanogen is the way to go, in my opinion.

Ah okay thanks. (I have cm11)

So

Not unless you can compile and decompile stuff and also work the programming for your model at a binary level.

The only way is to find a rom on xda or cm.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Not unless you can compile and decompile stuff and also work the programming for your model at a binary level.

Ok thanks

Right, that's an important nuance: it's possible someone has developed a stock android ROM for your particular phone, but you'd find it on XDA if it exists. Google's software is just the basic kernel.

Right, that's an important nuance: it's possible someone has developed a stock android ROM for your particular phone, but you'd find it on XDA if it exists. Google's software is just the basic kernel.

I will look for it thank you very much : D

Hello Community,

is there a way i can download Stock pure android besides having to flash cyanogen mod and other roms?

I found out that android is open source.

But I can't find any place to download it. Is it even possible? 

Cyanogen is the best option for stock that will run on nearly anything, for years I have doubted Cyanogen and just thought it for people that just like saying they are cool but I have a OnePlus One now and think Cyanogen is more decent than I thought and so clean.

That of goto places like XDA and go look for Stock built for your phone (can be hit or miss).