Need Help On Deciding To Buy a Laptop Now or Not.

zery87

Should I buy a laptop now or wait till it refreshes with Intel High Performance 5th Gen Broadwell CPU? Will it be release roughly on May or June? I am buying a gaming laptop though, at least a 970m and I would like to have long battery life for university usage, that is why I am considering the 5th Gen CPU but is it worth it or will it release on May or June cause I will be starting my uni around June. >~< so...that's how long I can only wait. :< Any opinions will be appreciated!  :)

Gaming laptops don't have good battery life.

Broadwell is a "tick" generation of CPUs. Tick involves the skrinking of the die The tock brings a new and improved micro-architecture. Because of this, the tick upgrades are just slight upgrades, 5-10% performance difference at max. Battery life would also be 5-10% better. Not a whole lot difference.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Gaming laptops don't have good battery life.

Broadwell is a "tick" generation of CPUs. Tick involves the skrinking of the die The tock brings a new and improved micro-architecture. Because of this, the tick upgrades are just slight upgrades, 5-10% performance difference at max. Battery life would also be 5-10% better. Not a whole lot difference.

So...then I will just buy now? :P 

Cause I am expecting that Intel might delay again for the broadwell generation. :< Just checking if anyone can confirm it? :o If they delay, I would just buy now since I can't wait till september or end of the year. @w@

Heyyo,

Yeah might as well buy meow or wait for Skylane. I wouldn't worry so much about the Broadwell refresh. As stated earlier if you plan on gaming? You won't get far on your battery... they never last so you'll be plugged in when gaming.

It all depends on how patient you are tbh.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

Yeah might as well buy meow or wait for Skylane. I wouldn't worry so much about the Broadwell refresh. As stated earlier if you plan on gaming? You won't get far on your battery... they never last so you'll be plugged in when gaming.

It all depends on how patient you are tbh.

Haha, been waiting since last year xD

Regarding the battery life, just need it to last when doing uni stuff, will game only at home. :P I did wait for it really long already just that I am afraid that i buy now, later broadwell release on June, it will be kinda waste as USB-type C also coming soon, also Windows 10, not sure it will come all together. haha >~< 

Well I still want somemore opinions before I decide :>