virus / malware

Go to solution Solved by beebskadoo,

yea i also noticed my browser history is cleared ..... i hope this isnt from him watching Pr0n on my figgin computer!

ugh...

my little brother used my pc and was playing around ( i thought he was on steam) ended up getting malware which i promptly removed and i ran super anti spy ware malware bytes adwcleaner and finished it up with rouge and rkill so everything is cleaned up or so i though i keep getting popup's for installing search protect and i removed it with rouge killer and it keeps coming back ideas? i"ve been working for a tech support shop for about 2 months and never seen anything like this because it keeps coming back and ive only been using netflix / steam and i also checked ms config and checked the start up stuff i got nothing at this point.

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Check your browser extensions, and do a quick registry look, to see if anything is still in there. Sometimes these things have to be manually removed. Search protect is especially annoying!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Check your browser extensions, and do a quick registry look, to see if anything is still in there. Sometimes these things have to be manually removed. Search protect is especially annoying!

thank you i didnt even think about checking my bowser extensions!!!!

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

thank you i didnt even think about checking my bowser extensions!!!!

Let me know of the results! :)

Check every browser!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

i checked my extensions and my registry i cant find anything any other ideas? me being a noob i kinda just want to do a format reinstall but i have 700 gb worth of movies games etc hate to reinstall it all!

also..scan with malwarebytes and superantispyware

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

next time you let him on the pc..make sure you have sandboxie running on all your browsers 

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

i checked my extensions and my registry i cant find anything any other ideas? me being a noob i kinda just want to do a format reinstall but i have 700 gb worth of movies games etc hate to reinstall it all!

is there any odd programs installed on your machine? have you checked through the list of installed programs?

Hail Sithis!

Yes, getting a "second opinion" is key

Trend Micro has a free scan available if you install it also OP

Hail Sithis!

i did

is there any odd programs installed on your machine? have you checked through the list of installed programs?

none that i can see i only use it for netflix and steam gaming...

Yes, getting a "second opinion" is key

Trend Micro has a free scan available if you install it also OP

ill try that

also something to add to the differential diagnosis just got a random cold reboot... no blue screen no crash report no nothing as if nothing happend .... wow guys sorry i suck today ! lol

also something to add to the differential diagnosis just got a random cold reboot... no blue screen no crash report no nothing as if nothing happend .... wow guys sorry i suck today ! lol

Yeah, their is definitely something going on lol

Hail Sithis!

Yeah, their is definitely something going on lol

just grabbed iobit uninstaller off my works network share and i found trovi bs and search protect i removed them restarded ran some quick scans came up clean and now its randomly trying to install pc optimizer pro.... yea he isnt going to be using my rig anytime soon!

update doing a F/R because i found the wonderfull cryptowall 3.0 thanks for the help guys!!!!

just grabbed iobit uninstaller off my works network share and i found trovi bs and search protect i removed them restarded ran some quick scans came up clean and now its randomly trying to install pc optimizer pro.... yea he isnt going to be using my rig anytime soon!

Yeah, there is an installer on your machine somewhere. Check if it installed Cnet installer by any chance.

Trovi is bad

Search protect is bad and is often bundled in with other baddies

PC optimizer pro is bad too

what the fuck did he do to your PC?

Also I see these every single day at work, it's fairly common. People clicking popups or downloading shit from CNET is the most common thing.

Hail Sithis!

update doing a F/R because i found the wonderfull cryptowall 3.0 thanks for the help guys!!!!

ouch...

Yeah...kill your brother.

Hail Sithis!

Yeah, there is an installer on your machine somewhere. Check if it installed Cnet installer by any chance.

Trovi is bad

Search protect is bad and is often bundled in with other baddies

PC optimizer pro is bad too

what the fuck did he do to your PC?

Also I see these every single day at work, it's fairly common. People clicking popups or downloading shit from CNET is the most common thing.

same here i remove them all day every day and im not sure i was gone for 2 days and i said he could use it...

my little brother used my pc and was playing around ( i thought he was on steam) ended up getting malware which i promptly removed and i ran super anti spy ware malware bytes adwcleaner and finished it up with rouge and rkill so everything is cleaned up or so i though i keep getting popup's for installing search protect and i removed it with rouge killer and it keeps coming back ideas? i"ve been working for a tech support shop for about 2 months and never seen anything like this because it keeps coming back and ive only been using netflix / steam and i also checked ms config and checked the start up stuff i got nothing at this point.

Adware. Look up adware removal

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

ouch...

Yeah...kill your brother.

yea i also noticed my browser history is cleared ..... i hope this isnt from him watching Pr0n on my figgin computer!

ugh...

Hail Sithis!

alright good night guys starting the F/R now!

alright good night guys starting the F/R now!

best of luck <3

Hail Sithis!