Mouse And Keyboard Don't Work.

Termater
Go to solution Solved by Termater,

FINAL SOLUTION THAT WORKS!!

Going to post here so if anyone having the same issue can figure this out.

You NEED a ps/2 keyboard with a num pad.

Run windows normally and press Shift-Alt-Num lock

This will enable Number pad mouse control.

Install your drivers using this and your problem is fixed!

Just upgraded my motherboard from an Asus h81 motherboard to a MSI z97 board.

Mouse and keyboard work in bios but not in any windows applications, even safe mode (with the exception of safe mode with command prompt) but I cannot install the cd drivers while in safe mode with command prompt.

Entering startup repair doesn't let me use keyboard or mouse. Can't install fresh copy of windows.

Using my two usb 2.0 ports not 3.0.

Any help would be appreciated!

i5-4690k @ 4.5ghz ---- Dual Gigabyte Gtx 780 OC Rev2.0's SLI ---- Noctua NH-D14 ---- Triple 1080p Surround

usually  i find its the usb 3.0 port but you have tried that

Power the system down. Disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Power the system up (with both still disconnected). 

When at the Login page, reconnect both the keyboard and mouse and let Windows re-detect the "new" hardware. This can sometimes reload the drivers to get the devices to work properly.

don't have a ps2 mouse lying around? or a touch screen? :P

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D

Ps2 keyboard but can't install drivers without the mouse :( and okay I shall try that!

i5-4690k @ 4.5ghz ---- Dual Gigabyte Gtx 780 OC Rev2.0's SLI ---- Noctua NH-D14 ---- Triple 1080p Surround

usually i find its the usb 3.0 port but you have tried that

Power the system down. Disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Power the system up (with both still disconnected).

When at the Login page, reconnect both the keyboard and mouse and let Windows re-detect the "new" hardware. This can sometimes reload the drivers to get the devices to work properly.

don't have a ps2 mouse lying around? or a touch screen? :P

Didn't work :(. I'll try downloading a software that lets you use your phone as a mouse using my keyboard and see if I can get it working that way

Update: can't downlod anything. Ethernet utility not installed :(

Didn't work :(. I'll try downloading a software that lets you use your phone as a mouse using my keyboard and see if I can get it working that way

EDIT:

got the keyboard number pad to work as a mouse. Installing the motherboard drivers. Will this fix my issue with mouse and keyboard not working? I sure hope so. Little hard to play far cry 4 on a number pad mouse ;)

FINAL SOLUTION THAT WORKS!!

Going to post here so if anyone having the same issue can figure this out.

You NEED a ps/2 keyboard with a num pad.

Run windows normally and press Shift-Alt-Num lock

This will enable Number pad mouse control.

Install your drivers using this and your problem is fixed!

glad to hear you got it!

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D