Help! CWM "Error while backing up boot image!"

Hey guys! I have been using CM11 on my SGH-i747 (d2lte) for about a year now, and I am in the process of finding a new rom based on 5.0+.

My problem is this, When I try to make a backup of my system to the SD card (Sony Class 10 with at least 25/32 GB free) using ClockworkModRecovery it starts up fine, but then says "Error while backing up boot image!"

I was able to back up to the internal memory with no issue, so what could be the problem?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

"I only drink the blood of my enemies, and sometimes the occasional strawberry Yoohoo."

The SD card could be in write-lock mode.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

what CWM version are you using? try other versions.

I'm not sure what version, but I won't update yet because I don't want to break anything.

"I only drink the blood of my enemies, and sometimes the occasional strawberry Yoohoo."

The SD card could be in write-lock mode.

No, I use it daily for saving and accessing pics/videos. I've read that it might be because of the fact that it is a Class 10 32GB card, any idea about that?

No, I use it daily for saving and accessing pics/videos. I've read that it might be because of the fact that it is a Class 10 32GB card, any idea about that?

None. I backed up via ClockworkMod on my Xperia Z2 to a class10 64gb card so I don't know. It looks like a write error to me, can you generally write to the card?

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

None. I backed up via ClockworkMod on my Xperia Z2 to a class10 64gb card so I don't know. It looks like a write error to me, can you generally write to the card?

Yup, every day so far without fail. 

Also I would like to mention that I have no idea where the backup file is located on the local mem...

Also I would like to mention that I have no idea where the backup file is located on the local mem...

I am pretty sure you can set the path.

Yup, every day so far without fail. 

Strange. Does your phone write to it? Maybe the SD card slot is dead?

Yeah, that's all I use the SD card for. When attempting the backup to SDcard1 (or whatever) it starts and tells me the free space (28+gb), so CWM can read it.

haha it's 2015 and people still use CWM. Get with the program and use TWRP or Philz which are actually updated often.