Anodizing A Hyper 212x

Cur

I can get my Hyper 212x heatsink anodized for fairly cheap, and was wondering if anodization would actually work with a heatsink. The main fins of the sink are aluminium, but it has copper pipes which may pose a problem? Does anyone know if anodizing the heatsink to black will hinder performance or am I okay to go ahead with my plan? The reason for anodizing is because the huge silver block makes my windowed insides look ugly and unthemed, and painting apparently hinders the performance greatly.

What about just painting the top plate/fin black? Granted you'll still see the alu from certain angles but it covers the biggest area that you'll be looking at without affecting performance.

Gotta admit I don't know about anodizing so I can't help you with that.

I can get my Hyper 212x heatsink anodized for fairly cheap, and was wondering if anodization would actually work with a heatsink. The main fins of the sink are aluminium, but it has copper pipes which may pose a problem? Does anyone know if anodizing the heatsink to black will hinder performance or am I okay to go ahead with my plan? The reason for anodizing is because the huge silver block makes my windowed insides look ugly and unthemed, and painting apparently hinders the performance greatly.

Painting will be the easiest as Feronix said just do the top plate you will see, but as or anodizing or electro-plating both will do little to no difference to the performance the only issue is if you have the tools and chemical baths necessary to do so. 

In a home situation as long as you have the materials electro-plating with black nickel would be the most effective and easiest solution compared to anodizing.

After some more research I have decided to hold off on doing this, and instead paint the top of the heatsink black with some removable paint (plastidip). Thanks for the help guys!